Vision Statement: The Office of Alumni Affairs strives to be the preeminent alumni affairs division of a higher education institution.
Value Statement:The staff of the Office of Alumni Affairs is committed to teamwork,integrity, and other values stated by university's policies in order to maintain a biblically sound; Christ centered environment of respect and trust among one another and North Greenville University's alumni and friends.
Mission Statement:The Office of Alumni Affairs develops relationships and establishes lifelong connections between North Greenville University and its alumni and friends, leading to increased support for the institution's mission and goals. Successful relations are the result of the strategic and deliberate cultivation of alumni as leaders, volunteers, advocates and donors for North Greenville University.
1. Establish and cultivate relations with alumni and friends of North Greenville University through communications, programs, and services.
2. Serve as the primary alumni resource for North Greenville University in alumni services and programs, working with colleges and schools to promote alumni involvement and cultivation.
3. Identify, motivate and train strong alumni volunteers to raise scholarship funds and foster student recruitment for North Greenville University.
4. Encourage diversity by increasing the involvement of minority and young alumni in the life and support of the university.
5. Promote membership in the Young Alumni Fellowship as an intermediate step toward becoming fully invested in North Greenville University.
Four North Greenville University alumni were honored by the school's alumni association during an awards ceremony held on the campus during homecoming weekend.
Jed Dearybury from Boiling Springs and the class of 2000 was named distinguished alumnus of the year. Joshua Putnam from Piedmont and the class of 2011 was awarded the young alumnus of the year honor. Wanda Fudge of the class of 1983 and 2005 from Greer was recognized with the NGU Alumni Association President's Award and Bill Tyler from Greer was named Friend of the Year. In addition, Paul Lister of the class of 1966 from Greer was awarded the Alumni Service Award.
Nominations for Alumni Awards are accepted by the Board of Directors during the year to recognize outstanding Alumni and Friends of NGU for the contributions they have made to the University or Association. Awards are presented during the Annual Homecoming Alumni Banque.
Alumni Award Categories
Alumni of the Year Award. NGU Graduate recognized for providing significant service to the University through their involvement as a volunteer in University and or Association activities.
Distinguished Alumni Award. NGU Graduate recognized for their distinguished accomplishments that have brought or will likely bring recognition to the University.
Friend of the Year Award. Individual who has not attended the University recognized for outstanding service to the University.
Young Alumni Award. NGU Graduate during the past ten (10) years recognized for providing significant service and recognition to the University through their involvement in the University and/or Association.
President's Award. Member of the Board of Directors recognized for their contributions to the Alumni Association.
To nominate an Alumni please click here.