Serving as a bridge between NGU and a global community of churches and ministries, the Office of Church Relations plans and represents NGU at church and denominational conferences.
In addition, Church Relations schedules the NGU student ministry teams:
- Joyful Sound (music ensemble)
- Impact Teams (Available for weekend Disciple Now leadership, retreats and other church needs)
- Act II (Christian Drama Troupe)
- NGU Campus Band (Worship Events)
Scheduling a Ministry Team
The Office of Church Relations assists Alumni and current students seeking ministry employment opportunities. If you are a church and/or ministry organization and would like to post a full time, part time and/or internship job opportunity on our website to promote the position, please complete the online form or contact Meredith Lewellen for more information.
Buford Street United Methodist Church
Contact Name: Jim Johnston
Contact Phone Number: (864) 680-0114
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church or Organization: Buford Street United Methodist Church
Church Address: 120 E. Buford Street Gaffney, SC 29340
Type of Position: Part Time
Name of Position: Director, Youth & Children's Ministries
Job Description: Buford Street United Methodist Church in Gaffney, SC seeks a Christ-centered and joyful-spirited individual to lead its youth and children’s ministries by collaborating with church members to direct the activities and spiritual development for ages 3-18. The salaried position requires 15-hours per week, including weekends. Applicant must provide references and a SLED background check. Send letter of interest and resume to Buford Street United Methodist Church; c/o Pastor-Parish Relations Committee; 120 E. Buford Street; Gaffney, SC 29340 or e-mail email@example.com by September 25th.
Expires October 21, 2017
Contact Name: Dena Wilson
Contact Phone Number: (864) 583-1403
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church or Organization: Milestones Church
Church Address: 885 Simuel Rd. Spartanburg, SC 29301
Type of Position: Part Time
Name of Position: Director of Children's Ministry Part-Time
Job Description: Milestones Church in Spartanburg is hiring a part-time Director of Children’s Ministry. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the Sunday morning program for K5-5th grade. Applicant must have a love for Jesus, ministry experience with children, high energy, and the ability to recruit and train volunteers. This position includes planning periodic trips/activities, including typical summer programs for children. Applicant must be available to attend Monday morning staff meetings. Salary is commensurate with experience and based on a 20-hour work week. If interested, please email your resume and cover letter expressing your philosophy of children’s ministry to email@example.com.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Expires: October 21, 2017
Camp UMC, Shallotte, NC
Contact Name: Glenn Humbert
Contact Phone Number: 910-393-7045
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Job: Children’s and Youth Director
Job Description: The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth and children at Camp UMC (grades K-12) and the surrounding community. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the desire and ability to nurture and develop a personal relationship between our youth and Jesus Christ. The Director will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing youth programming with the United Methodist tradition and will recruit, lead, and support adult volunteers who are called to youth ministry. A detailed job description will be provided upon request.
Expectations: As a servant of Jesus Christ, called by God to serve the community of faith that is Camp United Methodist Church, the Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries will
- Faithfully pray for the members of the staff and the church;
- Accept the distinct spiritual gifts of each staff member and their God-given personalities;
- Maintain confidentiality and discourage any discussion that does not build up, affirm, or encourage others;
- Be a generous receiver and giver of forgiveness;
- Be willing to both give and receive praise and constructive criticism;
- Respect the authority of those in positions of authority;
- Exhibit a high moral standard in their personal and professional life, and strive for excellence in ministry;
- Strive for a healthy balance between ministry responsibilities and their personal life;
- Commit time to growing spiritually as an individual and as a staff member and encourage others in their walk with Christ;
- Listen to other members of the staff, respect their opinions, and always strive to keep the lines of communication open.
Hours Needed: 40/week
Deadline to submit application: 10/30/17
Contact Name: Keith MinceyContact Phone Number: 864.430.9753
Contact Address info: doublesprings.orgPosition: Youth Minister- Part- time
Job Description: Double Springs is searching for a youth minister (male or female) to develop and coordinate youth program for middle and high school. Our youth meet on Wed. nights in our gym youth room and Sunday evenings either in gym or in a home. We do not have a Sunday evening service but have growth groups who meet in homes. Sunday mornings would be teaching youth at 9:30 am bible study. We are looking for someone to love and encourage and bless our youth. We also desire to love and encourage and bless them and you!Compensation: Negotiable
EXPIRES: OCT. 7
Earle Street Baptist Church
Earle Street Baptist Church in Greenville, SC is looking for a full time Minister to Preschoolers and Children. Experience working with preschoolers and children is required. The ideal candidate will have a background in Early Childhood Education, with seminary preferred. Visit www.esbcgreenville.org for a complete job description. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before October 2, 2017
Holly Springs Baptist Church
Contact Name: Mike Cruce
Contact Phone Number: (864) 804-7840
Email Address: Cruce42@aol.com
Church Address: 251 Hannon Road Inman, SC 29349
Type of Position: Part Time
Name of Position: pianist
Job Description: play for 8:15-9:00 a.m. traditional service each Sunday. Mostly hymns...
Deadline: September 28, 2017
Chiquola Baptist Church
Contact Name: Lindsay Gagnon
Type of Position: Full Time Worship and Senior Pastor
Job Description: Chiquola Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Worship and Senior Adult Pastor. The responsibilities of this position include leading and directing a blended music ministry that includes a choir, praise team, soloists, and musicians. The pastor would also be responsible for coordinating the Senior Adult Ministry within the body of our church. If you feel led to apply for this position, then please send your resume and a video or a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: September 31, 2017
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church
Contact Name: Phillip Piper
Contact Number: 864-704-4940
Type of Position: Full Time Pianist
Job Description: Play every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and for choir practice Sunday night before the service.
Trinity Presbyterian Church
Contact Name: Paula Marsh
Contact Phone Number: 864-525-0180
Contact Address: 405 Trailblazer Drive, Travelers Rest, SC, 29690
Contact Email Address: email@example.com and cc/trinitytr.org
Type of Job: Interim Youth Director
The purpose of the Youth Ministry at Trinity Presbyterian Church is to REACH, RELATE, REVEAL, and REPLICATE the Gospel of Jesus Christ to middle and high school age youth through worship, ministry, evangelism, fellowship, and discipleship.
Trinity Presbyterian Church of Travelers Rest, SC is currently seeking an Interim Youth Director who will model and practice a Christ-centered, balanced lifestyle that includes personal spiritual discipline; and who will commit to a visual presence and role model for our youth in the congregation and community. Our Interim Youth Director will have the opportunity to assist in weekly worship and to work closely with the Head of Staff and the Discipleship Committee to nurture the spiritual growth and development of our middle and high school age youth by programming regular Sunday and Wednesday events, coordinate, supervise and lead summer programs and missions, as well as plan local outreach events. We are looking for someone who is approachable, loves to be involved with middle and high school youths. He/She will need to be organized, tech savvy, and in constant interaction with the youth and their parents utilizing a high level of community, activities, and discussions. The Interim Youth Director will need to continuously communicate the love of Jesus Christ to the congregation and be led by the Holy Spirit in guiding our youth and in seeking to be a contemporary disciple of Jesus Christ in all of life.
Educational requirement: Currently seeking or have obtained an undergraduate degree.
For further information and to submit your resume please contact Paula Marsh via phone, (864) 834-1038 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting your requests or resumes, please cc email@example.com.
First Baptist Church, Spruce Pine, NC
Contact Name: Dr. Rock
Contact Address: 125 Tappan Street, Spruce Pine, NC, 28777
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Job: Full-time Student Ministry Leader
Job Description; Leader of K-12, Youth grades 7-12, Bible teachings and mission projects, plan and coordinate church volunteers to work with children k-6 grades.
Preferred Major: Bachelor’s in related field
First Baptist Church Swannanoa
Contact Name: Dr. Jeff Dowdy
Contact Phone Number: 828-686-5123
Contact Address: 503 Park Street, Swannanoa, NC, 28778
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Type of Job: Contemporary Worship Leader
Job Description: Lead a contemporary worship service once per week. Preparation and practice will also be a necessity
Hours Needed: 15
Compensation: $300 per week
Deadline to submit application: 09/08/17
El Bethel Baptist Church
Contact Name: Kenny Roan
Contact Phone Number: 864-804-2058
Contact Address: PO Box 2809, Greer, SC, 29652
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Job: Part Time Minister of Children and Youth
Job Description: Develop and maintain a personal relationship with the children youth and their families. Plan and coordinate events such as Wednesday nights and Sunday school. Leader of events such as back to school bash, Easter celebration, fall festival, etc. Plan, develop, and implement an outreach ministry for the youth and their families.
Hours Needed: 12-15 hours per week (Sunday morning and night, Wednesday nights)
Deadline to Submit Application: ASAP
Morningside Baptist Church
Contact Name: John Rogers (Member of Search Committee)
Contact Phone Number: 864-415-8851
Contact Address: 879 South Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC, 29302
Type of Position: Part-Time Worship and Music Director
Job Description: Facilitate/oversee senior adult choir and traditional choir; work closely with the pastor in selecting music for worship services.
For more information, contact John Rogers.
Cornerstone Baptist Church
Contact Name: Darrell Engle
Contact Phone Number: 803-634-9574
Contact Address: 100 Cornerstone Drive
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Type of Job: Associate Pastor/Music Minister
This is a full-time position in which the Associate Minister has dual responsibilities
- The Associate Minister will be responsible for developing and growing Cornerstone's family ministry particularly with respect to its children's ministry
- The Associate Minister will be responsible for leading Cornerstone's music ministry.
- Develop a family ministry program that will grow Cornerstone's membership with respect to families with children (K-12 grade levels). These responsibilities include providing leadership for all church children's activities as well as relationship building with families and individuals.
- Be responsible for Cornerstone music ministry. The Associate Minister will:
- Select the music to be used during Sunday service (coordinate with Senior Pastor).
- Oversee an adult choir through recruitment and weekly rehearsals (Wednesday evenings).
- Lead the choir and the congregation during the music portions of Sunday and Wednesday services.
- Be responsible for special programs (e.g. Christmas and Easter services) as well as weddings/funerals/ and other church related activities as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Be responsible for development and management of the budgets for the family ministry and music ministry. This is done in collaboration with the Church Stewardship Committee.
- Participate fully in the life and activities of Cornerstone Baptist Church including abiding by the tenets of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Note that the Associate Minister may also be asked to provide some pastoral care support including hospital and home visits, phone calls, counseling, and other means of member support in consultation with the Senior Pastor and as time allows.
- Must have musical abilities necessary to lead a music ministry.
- The ideal candidate will have completed a B.A. degree.
- Be a committed follower of Christ. Must be willing to comply with the tenets of the Southern Baptist Convention (through a signed agreement of The Baptist Faith and Message).
Salary: The starting salary/package of this full-time position is $36,000 per year paid biweekly, monthly or as agreed.
Lake Lure Baptist Church
Contact Name: Anton Roos
Contact Phone Number: 828-429-8825
Contact Address: 6837 U Hwy 64/74a Lake Lure NC, 28746
Position: Youth Program Director- Part- time
Job Description: Develop and coordinate youth program for middle and high scho9ol. The church is located about 45 miles from campus in Lake Lure, NC. There are approximately 10 regular youth members now with a great potential to grow.
Hours needed: Up to 20 hours per week
Deadline to submit application: Position is open until suitable candidate is found.
Reidville First Baptist Church
Contact name: Patti DeYoung
Contact Phone Number: 864-431-3369
Contact Address: PO Box 190, Reidville, SC 29375
Contact Email Address: RFBC140@gmail.com
Position: Director of Music
Job Description: Seeking music director who has experience in a blend of church music- traditional, contemporary, as well as praise and worship.
Hours Needed: Sunday 11 a.m. service and 6 p.m. service
Look Up Lodge
Phone Number - (864) 836-6392
Contact Address - 100 Look Up Lodge Rd., Travelers Rest, S.C. 29690
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Position - part-time camp activity staff
Job Description - Look Up Lodge, a Christian camp located just a few minutes from NGU, is looking for college students willing to work weekday afternoons during the fall semester. Responsibilities include manning the giant swing, climbing tower, zip line, paddle boats, canoes, water slide and camp store. No experience necessary. Contact Abby Friend at 864-836-6392 or email@example.com for more information.
Hours needed - some weekdays, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Compensation - minimum wage
Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Criteria for this scholarship are:
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.
Church Related Vocation Scholarship - Must be a Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Media Ministry, Christian Worship Arts & Leadership, or Church Music major. Will receive up to $800 per year for a full time student. No application required and scholarship is renewable provided you keep one of these majors. Please see the Financial Aid Office for more information if you do not automatically receive it.
SC Baptist Convention Scholarships -The Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention offers two (2) types of scholarships for those seeking a church related vocation. The Church Related Vocational Scholarship (CRVS) is for undergraduate students and the Richard Furman scholarship is for SBC seminary and SCBC university students seeking a masters degree. Please visit their website for more information.