Serving as a bridge between NGU and a global community of churches and ministries, the Office of Church Relations plans and represents NGU at church and denominational conferences.
In addition, Church Relations schedules the NGU student ministry teams:
- Joyful Sound (music ensemble)
- Impact Teams (Available for weekend Disciple Now leadership, retreats and other church needs)
- Act II (Christian Drama Troupe)
- NGU Campus Band (Worship Events)
- Life Answer Team (Ministry Team)
Scheduling a Ministry Team
If you would like to schedule a ministry team for your event, complete the online form.
The Office of Church Relations assists Alumni and current students seeking ministry employment opportunities. If you are a church and/or ministry organization and would like to post a full time, part time and/or internship job opportunity on our website to promote the position, please complete the online form or contact Meredith Lewellen for more information.
Hopewell Baptist Church
Church Address: 3530 Hopewell Rd. Anderson, SC 29621
Contact Name: Dalton Fowler
Contact Phone Number: 864-230-5440
Email Address: email@example.com
Type of Position: Part Time
Position Title: Music Director
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry
- Coordinate the church music ministry with the calendar and emphases of the church
- Assist the Pastor in planning congregational services of the church; be responsible for the selection for the music
- Direct music groups and congregational singing
- Propose and manage a yearly budget for the music ministry
- Direct the enlisting and training of leaders for the church music ministry in cooperation with the church Leadership Team
- Coordinate the performance schedule of music groups and indidviduals in the functions of the church
- Give direction to a music ministry plan of outreach and enlistment
- Supervise maintenance of and additions to the music library and equipment; provide musical materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the Churchís ministry
- Keep informed on current worship and music methods, materials, promotion and administration, utilizing them where appropriate
- Coordinate the training and use of instrumentalists and vocalist in groups or as individuals
- Any other duties asked f you by the Senior Pastor
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
- A passion for leading Godís people in worship
- Commitment to moral purity
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Hopewell
- Proficiency in an instrument
Immanuel Lutheran Church
2820 Woodruff Rd. Simpsonville, SC 29681
Contact Name: Rev. Jeff VanOsdol
Contact Phone Number: 864-297-5815
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Position: Part Time
Name of Position: Handbell Director
Goal of the position:
- Support a church music program that includes at least one offering of special music (vocal choir, handbells, instrumentalists, soloists, etc.) each Sunday from September-May)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct a handbell choir in weekly rehearsals in preparation for participation in Sunday Services from September through May.
- Prepare the choir for participation in Special Services throughout the Church Year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday) as determined by consultation with Pastor, Organist and Choral Director
- Recruit members to the choir, providing an atmosphere of community and musical learning.
- Cooperate with the Pastor, Organist, and Choral Director to accomplish planning tasks and provide leadership to the music program.
- Perform these duties under the direct responsibility of the Board of Elders in keeping with the congregationís annual budget.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in handbell conducting, knowledge of appropriate church music and ability to relate to others with good interpersonal skills required
- Music degree and knowledge of the role of music in Lutheran worship preferred, but students and new graduates are invited to apply
- Salary is negotiable and will be based on an expected number of hours per week (September-May) in preparation, rehearsal, and performance.
- Compensation is paid on the 15th and last day of each month.
- Church musician continuing education will be reimbursed up to $250 annually.
Calvary Baptist Church
Contact Name: Greg Teel
Contact Phone Number: 719-287-3633
Email Address: 1290 A Street, Delta, CO 81416
Type of Position: Part Time
Position Title: Student/Worship Leader
Qualifications: We desire a highly relational, passionate younger person to relate and engage our youth weekly, discipling and investing into their lives. We desire that person also have some musical skills, being able to lead worship with the youth and lead the church in musical worship on Sunday morning. This person must have the character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, growing in them but not perfect. Must be willing to work with pastor/elder and with parents. Direct supervision comes from lead pastor. College education desired, but calling, passion, and maturity more important. Must adhere doctrinally to Baptist Faith & Message (BF&M 2000) and churchís Constitution and Bylaws. Relationships are what matters most to us.
- Has a regular quiet time/devotional life for purpose of passionately pursuing God.
- May seek another part-time job for provision of necessary additional income.
- Work well with others, namely lead pastor, elders, parents, interns, and other musicians. Needs to love the church. Needs to see church as a family, not a job.
- Work well with other youth ministers and Young Life director in area.
- Desire to work and appreciate the unique blessings of rural church and community life.
- Needs to be at least 22 years of age and successfully pass Background Check.
- Develop relationships with students and their families through presence at school and community activities involving youth (e.g., sports events, dance recitals, dramas, etc.)
- Regularly lead worship, discipleship, and fellowship of students weekly.
- Facilitate regular outings for fun/fellowship/outreach among students.
- Report and coordinate student program planning and calendar with Parental Advisory Team and other church leaders as well as Lead Pastor.
- Develop and manage the youth ministry budget and fund raisers, including student fees/log of payments, monies made and allocated to each student for their work, etc.
- Provide spiritual counsel and guidance to youth.
- Communicate regularly with students, parents, pastor, as well as with church with staff, ministry assistant, and elders.
- Model Life of integrity and spiritual growth.
- Understands exalting Jesus and the Word of God as primary in worship.
- Prayerfully choose and coordinate music with pastor as he leads church family in worship.
- Regularly lead Sunday morning worship (part time- shared with one elder and other church members.)
- Must sing and be comfortable leading church in worship in praise and song. Ability to play an instrument preferred but not necessary. Need to be comfortable with both contemporary worship and traditional Christian hymns (blended style).
- Coordinate and practice with worship teams. We use praise participants from all age groups and a large cross section of our church family. We have drummers (2x), guitar players, bass, acoustic, electric), keyboard platers, and multiple singers.
- Learn music/worship technology as necessary (e.g., Media Shout, sound system)
- Perform other ministries duties as assigned
Compensation: $30,000 annually
Expires: July 25, 2018
Faith Baptist Church
Contact Name: Mickey Mullinax
Contact Phone Number: 864-490-1942
Email Address: email@example.com
Church Address: 246 Ford Road, Gaffney, SC 29340
Position Title: Summer Youth Instructor
Job Description: Teach youth group and lead activities this summer. For more information, please contact Pastor Mickey Mullinax or Deacon Bill Blanton (864-491-0176
Compensation: Housing, and negotiable salary
Expires: July 25, 2018
Celebration Baptist Church
Contact Name: Aaron Sheffield
Contact Phone Number: 850-893-1709
Church Address: 3300 Shamrock St E, Tallahassee, FL 32309
Type of Position: Full Time
Position Title: Director of Student Ministries (Girls)
Job Description: The position is full-time and offers compensation between $40-50K a year. It also carries employee-only health insurance. Looking for a recent graduate who has a calling to ministry to students. They would have creative freedom to come up with amazing ways to connect teenage girls with God and others. They would work on a team with the student pastor, the student ministry assistant and a student ministry associate. Please have any resumes forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expires July 25, 2018
Hopewell Baptist Church
Contact Name: Jackie Hull
Phone Number: 704-579-8217
Email Address: email@example.com
Church Address: 18841 Davidson-Concord Rd, Davidson, NC 28063
Type of Position: Part Time
Position of Title: Youth Ministry Intern
- Youth Ministry intern that will work closely with the Senior Pastor, Youth Committee, and youth volunteers to develop and implement a plan of study, missions, and recreation for grades 6-12 through the summer of 2018. Included in that will be planning for and leading weekly activities, serving as a chaperone for summer camp and for a World Changers mission trip, working in conjunction with the Sunday School Director to plan for and teach a class, being involved in the planning and leadership for Vacation Bible School, and assisting in other ministry areas of the church as needed. The position would serve from June1-August 4 with an average of 20 hours per week. The three major weeks would be the camp, mission trip, and VBS.
- Hopewell Baptist is a conservative Southern Baptist Church in a college town predominantly serving the Lake Norman area north of Charlotte, NC. For further information regarding the church, visit hopewellbaptistchurch.com
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including contact information for a minimum of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Criteria for this scholarship are:
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.
Church Related Vocation Scholarship - Must be a Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Media Ministry, Christian Worship Arts & Leadership, or Church Music major. Will receive up to $800 per year for a full time student. No application required and scholarship is renewable provided you keep one of these majors. Please see the Financial Aid Office for more information if you do not automatically receive it.
SC Baptist Convention Scholarships -The Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention offers two (2) types of scholarships for those seeking a church related vocation. The Church Related Vocational Scholarship (CRVS) is for undergraduate students and the Richard Furman scholarship is for SBC seminary and SCBC university students seeking a masters degree. Please visit their website for more information.