Serving as a bridge between NGU and a global community of churches and ministries, the Office of Church Relations plans and represents NGU at church and denominational conferences.
In addition, Church Relations schedules the NGU student ministry teams:
- Joyful Sound (music ensemble)
- Impact Teams (Available for weekend Disciple Now leadership, retreats and other church needs)
- Act II (Christian Drama Troupe)
- NGU Campus Band (Worship Events)
- Life Answer Team (Ministry Team)
Scheduling a Ministry Team
If you would like to schedule a ministry team for your event, complete the online form.
The Office of Church Relations assists Alumni and current students seeking ministry employment opportunities. If you are a church and/or ministry organization and would like to post a full time, part time and/or internship job opportunity on our website to promote the position, please complete the online form or contact Meredith Lewellen for more information.
Calvary First Baptist Church
Church Address: 11 Tampa Street, Greenville, SC 29609
Contact Name: Chip Coleman
Email Address: email@example.com
Name of Position: Media/video Ministry Team
Job Description: Assist other team members in operating our media projection devices, sound board, and video camera operations during our worship services.
Type of Position: Part Time
Expires November 23, 2017
Contact Name: Rev. Kevin Smith
Contact Phone Number: 864-256-5298
Contact Address: PO Box 219, Arcadia, SC 29320
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Job: Worship/Choir Leader
Job Description: Prepare songs for worship service and lead congregation and possibly a choir.
Hours Needed: Part Time (15-20 hours)
Compensation: $200 a week
Olive Branch Baptist Church
Contact Name: Steve Carroll
Contact Phone Number: 434-247-9930
Contact Address: 5223 Blackridge Rd. Blackridge, VA 23950
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Type of Position: Full Time Associate Pastor- Youth Ministries & Music Ministry
- Assist Pastor with overall direction of the church
- Assist Pastor with Worship Service planning and execution
- Assist Pastor with ministry needs in the church (preaching, visitation, funerals, weddings, crisis response, counseling.)
- Be an extension of the Senior Pastor in the ministry of the church
- Share in pastoral duties including preaching when requested
- Perform other duties as requested by Senior Pastor
- Primary leader in the evangelism & discipleship of youth
- Provide Oversight of Youth Team (Missions, Recreation, Discipleship) Coordinating, leading developing youth ministries, including SS classes, mid-week ministry (YC-Young Church), special events, & mission trips in conjunction with Senior Pastor
- General oversight of children/youth programs to include selection, recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers & volunteer team leaders
- Establish relationships, communication, and follow up with you and parents
- Provide oversight of Worship Music Ministry. Responsible for the planning, conducting, implementing and evaluation for music ministry (Contemporary Worship Service).
- Plan, lead, coordinate worship music & working with audio visual personnel
- Recruit, develop, a praise team, & lead Contemporary Worship Service
Preferred Major: Should have bachelor degree in divinity or working toward the degree
Hours needed: full time
Compensation: TBD based on resume/ experience
Deadline to submit application: open
Hampton Heights Baptist Church
Contact Name: Pastor Gene Owenby
Contact Phone Number: 864-244-1385 (office number)
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Position: PT student minster/Director of Studen Ministries
Job Description: Seeking student or recent graduate to work as Part-time student minister. Potential to be internship position as well. Contact Pastor Gene for info or to apply.
Deadline to submit application: 11/30/17
Siloam Baptist Church
Position Title: Student Ministry Intern
Department: Student Ministry
Date Prepared: 08/15/17
The overall objective of this position is to present and show by example the gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and to encourage them in their growth through the study of Scripture, prayer, service, and fellowship.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The employee in this position will have the following essential job functions:
- Assist the Student Ministry staff in planning and executing weekly ministry programs.
- These include Bible studies, youth groups, special events, and retreats
- Lead youth meetings when the Student Pastor is away
- Develop relationships with youth, parents and volunteer staff through individual and group contact, mail, e-mail, phone, social media and in the community.
- Assist the Youth Director in maintaining a ministry presence in social media outlets
- Engage in strategic leadership training designed to advance your own personal spiritual disciplines, as well as discern a potential call into ministry
The person in this position should have a high school degree.
No experience is required.
The person in this position will report directly to the Student Pastor.
The person in this position will need to be adaptable to multiple working environments, from sitting at a desk or table in a standard working environment to physical exertion typically involved in outdoor camp activities and student ministry settings.
Camp UMC, Shallotte, NC
Contact Name: Glenn Humbert
Contact Phone Number: 910-393-7045
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Type of Job: Children’s and Youth Director
Job Description: The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth and children at Camp UMC (grades K-12) and the surrounding community. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the desire and ability to nurture and develop a personal relationship between our youth and Jesus Christ. The Director will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing youth programming with the United Methodist tradition and will recruit, lead, and support adult volunteers who are called to youth ministry. A detailed job description will be provided upon request.
Expectations: As a servant of Jesus Christ, called by God to serve the community of faith that is Camp United Methodist Church, the Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries will
- Faithfully pray for the members of the staff and the church;
- Accept the distinct spiritual gifts of each staff member and their God-given personalities;
- Maintain confidentiality and discourage any discussion that does not build up, affirm, or encourage others;
- Be a generous receiver and giver of forgiveness;
- Be willing to both give and receive praise and constructive criticism;
- Respect the authority of those in positions of authority;
- Exhibit a high moral standard in their personal and professional life, and strive for excellence in ministry;
- Strive for a healthy balance between ministry responsibilities and their personal life;
- Commit time to growing spiritually as an individual and as a staff member and encourage others in their walk with Christ;
- Listen to other members of the staff, respect their opinions, and always strive to keep the lines of communication open.
Hours Needed: 40/week
Deadline to submit application: 10/30/17
Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Criteria for this scholarship are:
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.
Church Related Vocation Scholarship - Must be a Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Media Ministry, Christian Worship Arts & Leadership, or Church Music major. Will receive up to $800 per year for a full time student. No application required and scholarship is renewable provided you keep one of these majors. Please see the Financial Aid Office for more information if you do not automatically receive it.
SC Baptist Convention Scholarships -The Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention offers two (2) types of scholarships for those seeking a church related vocation. The Church Related Vocational Scholarship (CRVS) is for undergraduate students and the Richard Furman scholarship is for SBC seminary and SCBC university students seeking a masters degree. Please visit their website for more information.