Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.