The applicant must meet the following requirements to be eligible for enrollment in the program:
- Apply online or submit a paper application with the non-refundable application fee.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Submit official transcripts from all prior colleges or universities.
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.7. Students lacking the basic GPA requirement may be required to take the GRE exam.
- Complete a 1000 word self-reflection essay which should address your personal and professional goals for graduate study.
- Submit a copy of a current, valid South Carolina teaching certificate or out-of-state equivalent (or evidence of prior certification) or an explanation should be included in your 1000 word essay regarding your professional reasons for pursuing this degree without your teacher certification established.
- Submit three completed reference forms (2 professional and 1 personal).
- Probationary status may be considered by the Dean of the Graduate School of Education if all admission requirements are not met.