The university endeavors to serve these purposes by:
- offering basic liberal arts curricula that lead to the baccalaureate and masters degrees;
- strengthening opportunities to meet the needs of advanced and gifted students while continuing to maintain the university's heritage of providing quality education for all students;
- presenting distinctive, innovative programs that attract and meet the needs of non-traditional students;
- achieving high academic standards through the employment of qualified professionals and through furnishing appropriate educational support services;
- providing an environment in which students can realize their fullest potential as complete persons, developing intellectually, physically, socially, culturally, morally, and spiritually;
- affording a special sense of community through the development of close, personal relationships and the nurturing efforts of a caring, Christian, dedicated faculty, staff, and administration.