Grace Church is one church with seven locations based out of Greenville, SC. Grace Church is an equipping church that strives to make disciples through Biblical teaching and community. We highly value the local church, through which we strive to help people see the importance of Christ in their lives and make disciples wherever they may be.
The KAIROS Summer internship program at Grace Church is a unique opportunity during which college students can spend a season growing in spiritual maturity while also gaining experience working in ministry. KAIROS Summer internships offer students the ability to explore the church as a workplace while gaining educational and leadership experience in their given field. Internships are available in Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry, Worship, Audio/Visual, Videography, Communication, Business, Counseling and Marketing.
KAIROS Summer is a 10-week internship program beginning early June and lasting through early August. Interns are placed with a host-family who are members of our church and are paid a small stipend.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR APPLICATIONS:
Deadline for Summer 2015 Internships – February 15, 2015
For more information and testimonials on internship opportunities at Grace Church, see our internship website at www.whatiskairos.org .
Grace has had the privilege of working with North Greenville students in the past and looks forward to being able to work with more in the future!
Summer Camp Help
Camp Caraway is a Christian summer camp ministry operated through NC Baptist Men which is a part of the Baptist State Convention of NC.
Quality Christian college men and some young women are needed to serve each summer at Camp Caraway near Asheboro, N.C. Camp Caraway summer camps are operated by NC Baptist Men. There are typically 3 weeks of boys camps, 2 weeks of children's camp, and 4 parent-child mini camps.
Summer camp recreation may include: swimming in the lake and pool, water slides, kayaks, canoes, archery, stand on top paddle boards, air rifles, zip lines, high ropes challenge course, camp outs,cookouts, worship, missions study, and more.Camp Counselors
College-age camp counselors must have completed at least one year in college and must show Christian maturity in their everyday life. They will be in charge of a cabin of 8-14 children and will lead them through daily activities. Depending on the program some camp counselors will serve indifferent capacities such as, recreation facilitators, life guards, and support staff.
Counselor in Training
A Counselor In Training (CIT) is a mature high school student at least age 17 and at least a rising junior. A CIT will assist the camp counselor with daily activities and occasionally in the canteen, kitchen and other beautification projects around campus.
College age counselors make $190/week and CIT’s make $120per week. Meals and lodging are included and employment begins in early June and ends in late July.
We also need several staff with experience in playing instruments and leading worship, drama and videography.
If Interested Contact
Welcome Baptist Church
College Student Volunteer Help
Welcome Baptist Church is looking for college students who would like ministry experience. The church is located in the Welcome Community of Greenville, SC (2730 Anderson Rd. 29611). Welcome BC serves the role in making Jesus known to the Welcome Community. They love serving the community through Good News Club, God's Pantry, Precious Packs, Community Dinners, AWANA, and through personal discipleship. The church is looking for some college student spirit as they work together to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They would also love to offer some personal mentorship experience in either Pastoral, Student, and/or Worship Ministry. If you are interested or just simply curious, please contact Matthieu Wilson by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 864-423-7019. We look forward to welcoming you to serve alongside us!
Locust Hill Baptist Church
Wednesday Night Youth Worship Leader
Locust Hill Baptist Church, located just minutes from North Greenville University, is prayerfully seeking someone to lead praise and worship music on Wednesday Nights for the Student Ministry at 6:30pm each week.This temporary position will be compensated. Interested applicants should contact the pastor, Rev. Stephen Cannon, via email at email@example.com.
Bethesda United Methodist Church
Contemporary Worship Leader Interim (CWL)
The Interim CWL is expected to work with the Pastor and other staff to develop heartfelt worship among the musicians/singers and the congregation. The ICWL will plan, participate & provide leadership for the Sunday morning contemporary worship service. Tasks involve music selection, rehearsal preparation, selection and/or development of other musicians and singers, communication of rehearsal times, songs/lyrics to projectionist and administrative assistant, meet with Pastor for planning, introduce new music, assist with equipment setup and maintenance, and coordinate with other musical groups invited to provide leadership in the contemporary service (ongoing for 10+ years). We ask that the CWL works 6 hours per week, Sunday worship and rehearsal times. Compensation will be $150 per week. If interested please contact Rev. Stephen Taylor at 864-269-1139 (Ext. 11) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resurrection Christian Community Church
Worship Director Intern
Part Time position 12-20 hours a week for a music worship team leader. Practice 1 night a week and 2 services on Sundays and Wednesdays. Resurrection Christian Community Church is a Jesus loving church looking for a Music and Worship Director qualified in leading congregational singing, planning music for worship, Christmas, Easter, special services, soloists, singing groups, instrumentalists, power point preparations and working closely with the pastor is required as this is a salaried, some housing allowance position, reporting directly to the Senior Pastor.
Primary Duties Include -
1. Exhibit enthusiasm and creativity
2. Maintain positive working relationship with other staff and ministry servants
3. Exhibit Christian faith in action
4. Weekly Pre-Sunday responsibilities:
a. Plan and organize service alongside with the pastor, including the development of an order of worship for each service
b. Work with pastor to determine song selection in accordance with the service themes/series
c. Conduct weekly rehearsals with the worship team
d. Coordinate any drama or other specific worship personnel that may be involved in the service to insure proper flow (alongside the pastor and Design Team)
e. Coordinate any necessary projections/media including lyrics for each song
5. Sunday Responsibilities:
a. Distribute order of service, song sheets, etc. to the worship team prior to service
b. Lead the worship service (not including the message)
6. Recruit and empower other musicians/singers to join the Worship Team
7. Participate in annual review process
8. Perform other tasks as assigned, necessary to the operation of the church
Other Duties Include -
-Desire to worship God, revealed in Jesus, and to lead others in a meaningful worship experience.
-Building a Worship Team (Includes musicians, vocalists, AV support, etc.)
-Recruit adult and youth team servants as needed.
-Provide appropriate training and care for servants.
-Openness to new worship trends and styles that might fit the Resurrection culture
-Lead a weekly rehearsal to ensure Worship Service excellence.
-Willingness to lead worship outside of the church building on occasion.
-Attend staff meetings and/or be in conversation with the other members of a staff team to help worship connect to the other ministries of RCCC.
Please send all resumes and references to the church office:
Resurrection Christian Community Church
Attn: Rev. Len Stubbs
Ebenezer Welcome Baptist Church
Ebenezer Welcome Baptist Church is seeking a part-time pianist/keyboardist. The individual must be available to play for evening worship services as well as choir practice once a week. An occasional Sunday Morning worship service may be needed. The individual must be able to play hymns, octavos, praise choruses, offertories, and individual parts. Being punctual is a must. The individual will be needed on Sunday afternoons for choir rehearsal (at 4:00pm) and Sunday evenings for the worship services (from 6:00 – 7:00pm). A Wednesday Night choir rehearsal may need to be substituted for a Sunday Evening rehearsal depending on the church activities. An occasional Sunday Morning service may need to be added. You may visit their website and click onto pianist needed at www.ewbcweb.com. For more information, call Debbie Auten at (864)590-3553 or email email@example.com.
Historic First Baptist Church
Beech Island, SC
Minister of Youth
Historic FBC is seeking a minister of youth. The candidate should be able to develop worship and recreational programs for the youth of the church. They must be of good reputation with no criminal record. The Minister of Youth will be supervised by the pastor, who will provide guidance, training, and evaluation. The candidate must adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) and must be able to lead someone to Christ and provide hands on discipleship and Christian experience for the youth. They will be responsible for planning, coordination, conduct and evaluation of activities and will be responsible for volunteers, and working with the Children’s director. The church would prefer the youth minister also be able to lead congregational music and direct a choir. Historic First Baptist Church prefers a blended service of hymns and praise songs. They are technologically well suited with soundtrack music as well as musicians who play the piano and organ. This, too, will be under the direction of the pastor. The candidate will be responsible for planning the music for Sunday services and special services. Doctrinally, the candidate should be at least a 4 point Calvinist and must lean toward Covenant Theology. Premillennialism is acceptable, just not strongly Dispensational. Must be Baptist and adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message (2000). Pastoral or theological majors are preferred. If interested, please contact Pastor Gregory Williams at (803)827-1016 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Cale: Camp and Conference Center
Senior Staff (Summer Camp Counselor)
Cale: Camp and Conference Center is actively seeking people to fill the roles of their Summer Camp Senior Staff. The candidates must be college age students that will work directly with campers and help carry out programming. There are positions available for band members, counselors and staff. The time required will be May 31- July 23. Please submit your application by January 15. For more information, please contact Jay Baugham at (252)264-2513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Bowen Baptist Church
Interim Worship Leader
Lake Bowen Baptist is seeking someone to lead contemporary worship services at their church. There are two morning services and one evening service on Sundays with rehearsals in Wednesdays. For more information, please contact Mark Williams at (864)494-4864 or email email@example.com
Landrum First Baptist Church
Music Positions- Part-Time and Full-Time
Landrum FBC is seeking people interested in doing music in their church. They are now accepting resumes with references for those interested in full and part-time positions. If you are interested, please contact Pastor Mark Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abundant Grace Church of God
Abundant Grace Church of God in Greenville, SC (Berea area) is seeking a servant-oriented individual with a heart of worship to join their ministry team. This ministry position is responsible for the oversight of their music and worship. The qualified candidate will have excellent leadership ability, be able to work collaboratively within the congregation, and have skill in all aspects of worship. Their worship style is contemporary Pentecostal. The church also uses screens and videos in each service. If you are interested, please contact Pastor Mark Fleming at (864) 449-4028 or email email@example.com.
Cultor House- 9 Month Post-Graduate Internship
Apply online at www.whatiskairos.org. Cultor House is a nine-month residential learning community for young men and women desiring to mature in their faith and grow in their ministry capacity. Through the Cultor House experience, interns will be taught by church staff on various topics, including theology, leadership, femininity, and masculinity. In addition to volunteer work at the church (20+ hours per week), Cultor House interns will work a part-time job, be mentored by various pastors and staff, and complete a curriculum aimed at equipping them to develop into young Christian leaders.
Kairos Summer Internship
Apply online at www.whatiskairos.org. Applications open November 1, 2015. Kairos Summer is a 10-week summer internship designed to give students the opportunity to lead, study and serve alongside the Grace Church Staff. They will have interns participating with Student Ministry, Children’s Ministry, Worship, Audio/Visual, Videography, Graphics, and Cultural Engagement (local & regional missions).
Riverside Baptist Church
Part-Time Children’s Pastor
Riverside Baptist Church in Greer, SC, is seeking a part-time Children’s Pastor. RBC Greer is a dynamic congregation dedicated to making messengers of God’s grace. They are seeking a part-time Children’s Pastor who can oversee and invest in their established children’s ministry. RBC Greer has two contemporary worship services each Sunday. During each service, children birth through 5th grade experience worship and teaching through engaging, age appropriate methods. On Wednesday evening, children participate in a high-energy worship and recreation experience. The successful candidate will sense a strong calling to church ministry, have excellent organization and communication skills, and be passionate about helping children and their parents grow in their relationship with Christ. Experience in children’s ministry as well as education in Christian studies, or a related field, is preferred. To apply, please visit www.rbcgreer.com/jobs.
Camp Creek Baptist Church
Part-Time Pianist & Music/Worship Leader
Camp Creek Baptist Church is interested in having a part-time Pianist to play for Sunday services & Wednesday night. They are also looking for a Music/Worship Leader for their Sunday Services &Wednesday night . They do have Traditional Services but would also like to have some contemporary music in their services. If interested, call Christen Langford at (864)309-9912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Youth Ministry Training
Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry
The Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry is unique to the Center for Youth Ministry Training. The residency program creates a whole-person learning environment by nurturing residents academically in the classroom, vocationally in the local church and through personal coaching, as well as emotionally and socially through peer interaction in a cohort of fellow graduate residents. Graduate residents in the program gain experience in a 3-year supervised practicum as a youth director in a local church while earning a Master of Arts in Youth Ministry through our partnership with Memphis Theological Seminary. Acceptance to the residency program is competitive and is limited to a cohort of 12 graduate residents per year.
The CYMT graduate residency in Youth Ministry includes:
•All-inclusive scholarship covering tuition, books, and retreat costs
•48 credit hour Master of Arts in Youth Ministry degree earned over the 3-year program
•Job serving as a youth director in a local church
•$1,000 per month stipend
•Housing and utilities
The CYMT works with a variety of denominations. Our Nashville Regional Campus seeks to partner with churches within a 4-hour radius of Memphis where our partner seminary is located. Our Texas Regional Campus seeks to partner with churches within a 3-hour radius of Austin.
• Has felt a call to Ministry and is ready to answer that call
• Must be at least 22 years of age
• Hold a bachelor's degree, preferably in the faith-related field
• Be able to make a 35 month commitment to CYMT
The first application deadline is November 15th. While applications are accepted after November 15th, students are encouraged to apply early. The final deadline is March 31st, 2016. For more information or to apply, visit http://www.cymt.org/residents. Interested candidates MUST apply online to be considered.
Hub City Church
Part-Time Worship Leader
Hub City Church, a 7-year-old church plant that gathers in a movie theater in Spartanburg, is looking for a part-time worship leader. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the band to prepare 4 songs for our Sunday worship gathering.
- Working with the pastor to choose songs that compliment the message.
- Being a lead worshipper, not a performer.
- Helping set-up and tear-down weekly.
- Guitar playing is a plus but not essential.
- Recruiting new band members as needed.
- Helping the church accomplish their mission of making disciples by using gifts and talents as a worship leader to make disciples who make disciples.
- For more information please email resume and/or video to email@example.com or call Jonathan Everette at 864.313.8173.
Fairview Baptist Church
Part-Time Youth Minister
Fairview Baptist Church in Kinards, South Carolina is searching for a Part-Time Youth Minister to direct and organize a program of Bible study and growth for those in their field of harvest. Send resumes to Fairview Baptist Church, 4419 Indian Creek Road, Kinards, SC 29355
Covenant Baptist Church
Minister to Youth and Children
To plan, administer, and supervise programs for the youth and children. To fill in
for the Pastor as needed.
1) Develop programming, educational and recreational, for the youth and children
that creates both a vision and goals in the youth and children.
2) Coordinate the programming with the Pastor, parents, etc.
3) Communicate on a regular basis with the Pastor, parents, etc.
4) Work in a collaborative way with others that fosters affectivity and productivity
in the programming.
5) Model adaptablility to changing needs of the youth and children in the activities
that are planned and administered.
6) Others duties as assigned.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
1) Works under, and is supervised by, the Pastor and/or Deacons.
2) Supervises youth and children and the adult volunteers participating in and
helping to implement the programming planned for the youth and children.
1) The Associate Pastor must be in agreement with Covenant Baptist Church's
vision, goals, and statement of faith.
2) A Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university (preferred but not
3) Youth Ministry experience.
4) Experience managing others.
To fill the role of Associate Pastor, the following qualifications are needed:
1) Role Model through strong walk with christ, growth in personal relationship
with Christ, and teachable.
3) Passion for Youth and Children's Ministry.
4) Understands youth culture.
Contact:Rev. Dale Myers, Pastor (843)firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethesda United Methodist Church
Director of Ministries for Youth and Young Adults
Bethesda United Methodist Church seeks a full time Director of ministries for youth and young adults. Majority of focus is with our middle school and high school youth groups, emphasizing spiritual development and hand-on missions. Located in Powdersville, a suburban community of beautiful and active Greenville, SC, Bethesda offers both contemporary and traditional worship services, which combined average 350+ in weekly attendance. Visit www.bethesdaumc.org for Job Description and more information. Send resume or inquiries to Patti Seymore, Staff Parish Committee Chairperson, email@example.com, or mail to 516 Piedmont Road, Easley, SC 29642.
First Baptist Church of Weddington
Director of Youth Ministries
The Director of Youth Ministries leads a Christian ministry to the youth of First Baptist Church of Weddington (FBCW). This ministry is one that will foster faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and equip youth to be ministers of the Christian faith.
It is the objective of FBCW to employ a part-time Director of Youth Ministries who has the potential to grow into a full-time Youth Pastor position as church attendance and the FBCW ministry grows in membership.
GOALS OF THE YOUTH MINISTRY
- Sharing Christ with lost and un-churched youth, leading them to Church membership, helping them to grow spiritually, and providing opportunities for their Christian ministry.
- Growth numerically and spiritually, with an expansion of the ministries offered.
- Counsel of youth related to their spiritual life, college choice, vocation selection, life-mate, social and family relationships, etc.
- A strong foundation in the Christian faith and in Southern Baptist doctrine.
- Ministerial support for staff, program directors, and church committees.
DUTIES IN YOUTH MINISTRY
- Plan, direct, conduct, and evaluate a comprehensive youth ministry taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, recreational, social and psychological development of youth. Direct the teaching programs of the youth division (Sunday school, Mission Organizations, Discipleship Training) in cooperation with the appropriate directors. Lead and/or teach youth study times on Sunday morning & evening, Wednesday-evening.
- Relate the youth to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its youth. Lead youth to recognize the call of God in their life relating to vocation. Strive to enlist the youth in worship, Bible study, prayer, and other Christian exercise.
- Avail youth to special programs of spiritual growth and fellowship such as mission activities, camps, retreats, meetings, DiscipleNow weekends, banquets, and dramas. (7 consecutive days travel requirement for candidate to attend summer retreat/mission trip. Availability for quarterly youth event with potential of single overnight attendance.)
- Promote a regular program of visitation for the youth in cooperation with the overall church program of outreach. Train youth in outreach and evangelism. Visit middle school and high school campuses for personal contact with students at school approved times. Maintain one-to-one contact with individual youth in all phases of the work, with emphasis on visits in home with young people and their parents.
- Study and recommend changes in the youth ministry as needed for organization, space use, equipment and furnishing needs, policies and procedures, materials, programs, curriculum, education methods, etc. Seek to improve personal skills and abilities through training.
- Work with the Committee on Committees to enlist and train adult workers. Motivate, instruct, and coordinate the activities of adult workers. Plan with adult workers a program for leading youth to salvation and nurture them in Christian development. Ensure that adequate adult sponsors are present for all youth programs and activities (according to the type of activity and size of the group).
- Prepare an annual budget for youth ministry needs and administer the approved budget according to church policy.
- Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with parents of participating youth.
- Other duties as directed by the Senior Pastor.
DUTIES IN OTHER MINISTRY AREAS
1. Participate in the weekly Worship Services as directed by the Senior Pastor.
2. Attend staff meetings and participate in the staff visitation program to prospective members, potential leaders, hospital, and crisis visitation. Consult with and support the ministries of other staff members. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
3. Cooperate with denominational and other Christian leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
4. Attend church leadership meetings, business meetings and other meetings as needed or requested
YOUTH MINISTER QUALIFICATIONS & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Spiritually – Must maintain personal devotions and be a personal soul-winner. Must profess a vocational calling to youth ministry.
- Ethically – Maintain a high moral and ethical lifestyle. Is expected to maintain integrity beyond reproach. May not court or date any youth. Should have a safe driving record and be insurable on church policies.
- Financially – Youth Minister is expected to tithe, keep their personal financial obligations current, and otherwise show financial responsibility. Must be able to keep complete and accurate records for youth fundraisers and/or payments for youth activities. The Church Secretary/Treasurer shall deposit all monies in church accounts.
- Organizationally – The Youth Minister reports directly to the pastor. Maintain open communications in planning and directing through frequent meetings of the Youth Committee, and Staff Meetings. Will be evaluated at least annually by the Personnel Committee.
- Educationally – Preference will be given to a college graduate or person enrolled in theological studies although candidates will be evaluated on the entirety of their qualifications. The Director of Youth Ministries is expected to improve personal skills and abilities through continued training.
- The position will be considered part-time.
- Hours worked shall vary from week to week according to activities. Work plans and schedule will be made in consultation with church staff under direction of the pastor.
- Attendance of Sunday activities (morning and evening) and Wednesday evening required. Church membership required
- The total annual compensation will be based on experience and other factors. No benefits are extended to part-time employees.
- Position is salary. Vacation is not formally offered to part-time employees but 2 Sundays and 2 Wednesday services will be excused when notice is provided to pastor.
Interested applicants please forward a resume together with a cover letter to:
First Baptist Church of Weddington
Attn: Director of Youth Ministries Search Team
New Liberty Baptist Church
Travelers Rest, SC
New Liberty Baptist Church is currently seeking someone to fill the role of Music Director at their church. The candidate will be expected to direct music on Sunday morning and evenings. They will also lead choir practice approximately 45 minutes before Sunday evening services. If interested, please contact Vivian McCombs at (864)834-3103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
White Oak Baptist Church
Part-Time Youth Minister
White Oak Baptist Church is currently seeking a youth minister. The candidate will disciple students, lead youth worship, including bible studies, music coordination, and activities. People skills and administrative skills are required. Please send your resume to email@example.com or to 1805 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29609. If you have any questions, please call Robert French at (864)449-7062.
Parisview Baptist Church
Part-time youth/Children’s Minister (Male & Female)
Parisview Baptist Church is seeking a male and female to come and minister to their youth and children. They are in search of a mature Christian who will plan and coordinate activities, discipleship, Bible studies and mission efforts within the overall program of the church. If interested, please contact Parisview Baptist Church at (864)232-1838.
First Baptist Church Clinton
Contemporary Worship Leader
First Baptist Church of Clinton is seaking someone to lead music their 8:30 AM contemporary service. The candidate will plan and lead the musical portion of the weekly contemporary service and mid-week preparation rehearsal. Desirable skills include the ability to lead comfortably with acoustic guitar or keyboard. If interested, please contact Morris Driggers at (864)833-2578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Envision Church is seeking someone to direct their eKidz program. The candidate will provide overall direction, vision and oversight for the eKidz ministry. He or she will provide spiritual leadership and effective communication for all eKidz volunteers. See full job description at www.envisionchurch.cc/envision-hiring. If interested, please contact Amanda McAbee at (864)238-1916 or email email@example.com.
First Baptist Church North Spartanburg
Drummer for Praise Band and Orchestra
First North is in need of a drummer for Sunday main worship service praise band & orchestra. The music style is blended/contemporary. It is preferable that the candidate be able to read drum charts for arranged music. Wednesday night rehearsals will be required and the position will be compensated. If interested, please contact Dr. Calvin Bolton at (864)578-0511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.