PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The PA Medicine Program at North Greenville University is a professional degree program intended to prepare students academically and professionally for responsibilities and services as a PA.
- The ideal NGU candidate is well-rounded demonstrating excellent grades, hands-on patient care experience, an outstanding and altruistic commitment to service and volunteerism, a passion for medicine and the PA profession, and desire to serve as a primary care practitioner in a medically underserved area.
- All NGU PA degree courses must be taken as part of the PA cohort and no advanced placement options are available. All students who matriculate into the PA program must complete all program requirements.
- This entry-level master's degree program consists of 131 semester hours divided into three phases that span 24 consecutive months. The Didactic Phase represents the preclinical year and spans 12 months. The Clinical Phase represents the clinical year and consists of 11 months of supervised clinical education and coursework. The Summative Phase is 1 month in duration and represents the final stage of training.
- Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be awarded a Master of Medical Science (M.M.S.) degree and be eligible to sit for the PA National Certifying Exam (PANCE).
- The NGU PA Medicine program will matriculate 20, 25, and 30 students in 2017, 2018, and 2019 (and beyond) respectively.
Learn about the PA profession
AAPA Brochure - "I'm a PA"
Click here for the AAPA Brochure.
Local & National PA Web Links
The PA Medicine Program is excited to host Information Sessions for prospective applicants. Our Faculty and Staff will be available to introduce prospective students to the program, provide tours of our facilities, and be available to answer questions! Find more information atwww.facebook.com/NGUPAMedicine or email PAAdmissions@ngu.edu.
- Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
North Greenville University
Tim Brashier Campus
405 Lancaster Avenue
Greer, SC 29650
405 Lancaster Avenue
Greer, S.C. 29650
For information and questions about admission into the PA Medicine Program, send your inquiry to email@example.com.