North Greenville University’s Sport Management degree has achieved international approval through the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM), is currently pursuing international accreditation through The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). It also has national accreditation status through the National Association for Sport and Physical Education of the American Alliance for the Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD).
Sport Management Department Mission
The Sport Management Department exists to serve the University as part of the College of Business & Sport Professions’ preparation of men and women as professional sport leaders equipped as managers, coaches, and evangelists to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ into the Sport Profession.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
1. The student will demonstrate knowledge of business concepts applicable to the Sport Profession.
2. The student will communicate effectively when presenting to an audience within the Sport Profession.
3. The student will write a researched response applying principles of problem solving to challenges applicable to the Sport Profession.
4. The student will use knowledge and skills indicative of one who is prepared to enter the workforce within the Sport Profession.
5. The student will develop and grow in their Christian Worldview while studying Sport Management.