What a blessing to be here at North Greenville University where Christ makes a difference! Our students will be our future educators and ultimately will assume the role of leaders in their classrooms, schools, and communities. Because of this, my belief is that teaching should be a calling. God promises to equip those He calls. If you are truly called to teach, you cannot do anything else.
I look forward to learning and growing with the College of Education to prepare Christian Educators who are effective practitioners, caring leaders, and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing society.
Dr. Wright’s Philosophy:
- All students can learn if they are willing to learn.
- Learning occurs naturally in the learner when a teacher has presented the material in a way that works for the learner.
Regarding the Classroom:
- The classroom is a community requiring the work of all members to maintain its effectiveness and pleasant atmosphere.
- All members of the classroom community are equal as thinkers, learners, and teachers.
- Every individual's thoughts and feelings must be respected in the classroom.
- Learning must be valuable in order to be valued.
- Choices motivate students to learn because they feel empowered.
- All students are unique and learn in different ways.
- Teachers should expect great things from ALL students.
- Teachers should strive to know students personally as well as academically.
- There will never be enough time in the day to teach every important subject individually. Integrate material whenever possible to emulate real life where learning requires many different types of knowledge.
- Teach to multiple intelligences (linguistic, visual, auditory, and kinesthetic) to reach all students. Teaching is guiding and nurturing the next generation to establish the skills needed to achieve health, respect, prosperity, and fulfillment. Teachers should empower students to believe in their own value, stimulate their interest to question, and provide the tools to discover answers.
Dr. Constance Wright on an Educational Mission to Guatemala