Advanced Music Education Studies graduate certificate program is designed for K-12 professionals and educators in non-profit private schools, public schools, or church ministries, serving others in a music leadership or teaching capacity. The purpose of this certificate program is to improve the confidence of professionals in the areas of planning, developing, teaching, and assessing strategies to better serve students enrolled and participating in musical activities in the 21st century. Whether you currently function as the music educator in your school, provide leadership for other professionals in these roles, or serve in a music church ministry role, the Advanced Music Education Studies will assist you in preparation for greater effectiveness with your students, performers, and peers. Once you successfully complete the program, you will receive a professional graduate Advanced Music Education Studies certificate from North Greenville University. Earned graduate credits may be used for certification renewal, add-on certification, and professional development requirements.
*This certificate is 12 hours of university credit at the graduate level. Graduate credits are awarded for courses completed with a grade of C or higher.
**Acceptance to this program does not guarantee acceptance into the full NGU masterís degree program. A separate application process must be completed for entry into a full masterís degree program.
WHO IT'S FOR
- Educational Leaders
- Homeschool Instructors
- K-12 Educators
- Fine Arts Consultants/Supervisors
- Teachers Seeking Add-On Certification
The curriculum for NGUís Certificate in Music Education Leadership consists of 12 hours.
- MMED 5110 Woodwind Repair (1 hour)
- MMED 5120 Percussion Repair (1 hour)
- MMED 5130 High Brass Techniques for Graduate Students (1 hour)
- MMED 5220 Current Issues in Music Education (2 hours)
- MMED 5225 Preparing Ensembles for Adjudication at Contests and Festivals (2 hours)
- MMED 5230 Low String Technique (2 hours)
- MMED 5235 String Pedagogy for Graduate Students (2 hours)
- MMED 5240 Beyond the Traditional String Classroom (2 hours)
- MMED 5245 Music History: Musical Borrowing (2 hours)
- MMED 5320 The Integration of Global Music (3 hours)
- MMED 5325 Marching Band Techniques (3 hours)
- MMED 5335 Teaching the Developing Singer (3 hours)
- MMED 5340 Directing the High School Musical (3 hours)
- MMED 5355 Contemporary and Experiential Music of the 20th/21st Centuries (3 hours)
- MMED 5380 Graduate Woodwind Techniques (3 hours)
- MMED 5390 Composition (3 hours)
- MMED 5395 Score Analysis (3 hours)
- MMED 5485 Graduate Conducting (3 hours)
- MMED 6300 Analytic Techniques (3 hours)
- MMED 6340 Psychology of Music Education (3 hours)