Serving as a bridge between NGU and a global community of churches and ministries, the Office of Church Relations plans and represents NGU at church and denominational conferences.
In addition, Church Relations schedules the NGU student ministry teams:
- Joyful Sound (music ensemble)
- Impact Teams (Available for weekend Disciple Now leadership, retreats and other church needs)
- Act II (Christian Drama Troupe)
- NGU Campus Band (Worship Events)
- Life Answer Team (Ministry Team)
Scheduling a Ministry Team
If you would like to schedule a ministry team for your event, complete the online form.
The Office of Church Relations assists Alumni and current students seeking ministry employment opportunities. If you are a church and/or ministry organization and would like to post a full time, part time and/or internship job opportunity on our website to promote the position, please complete the online form or contact Meredith Lewellen for more information.
Worship Pastor - Part-Time
Landrum First Baptist is looking for a musically-gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christian to lead all worship ministries at our church under the direction of our Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate has experience leading worship at a similar- sized church and experience shepherding worship teams.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the worship services.
- Lead the musical portion of worship services.
- Provide leadership all music ministries in the church.
- Develop a process to regularly identify and engage new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry.
- Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship teams.
- Develop an annual worship ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
- Look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body.
- Oversee the church’s worship tech ministry. • Attend all church staff meetings and retreats.
- Work with youth and children’s ministry leaders to find worship leaders for agegraded worship experiences within the church.
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church. • Other duties as required.
- Proven experience leading worship in a similar church setting.
- Skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles and generational tastes.
- Should be proficient in reading music.
- Should have experience leading and managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and some formal training in music (and specifically church music) is preferred.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1Tim. 3:1-13; 2Tim. 2;Titus 1:5-9).
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
Contact Mark Bishop at 864-457-4118 or email@example.com
Minister to Students
The Minister to Students at Macedonia Baptist Church (MBC) will be responsible for the development, oversight and implementation of ministry goals and objectives for ministry to students, grades 6-12.
- A college degree (Seminary preferred)
- Affirms the BF&M 2000
- Meets the hiring and evaluating criteria of pastoral leadership of MBC
- Evidence of an active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Character: meets the criteria provided in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Clear calling for ministry to students and their families
- Highly relational and approachable
- Possesses a teachable, self-aware and humble attitude
- Team oriented: gives evidence of ability to work well with others and be a part of a pastoral team
- Effective communicator
- Possesses strong organizational/ time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Work with pastor, staff, and ministry leaders in planning, conducting, and evaluating ministry objectives of MBC to fulfill the Great Commission
- Attend and/or lead all required meetings, included staff meetings, committee meetings, and deacon meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with youth, grades 6-12.
- Recruit, train and maintain volunteers for support and leadership of youth ministries
- Develop and oversee budgets for youth ministries
- Ensure necessary supplies are purchased for all ministry activities, events and needs
- Be responsible for communication of all events and activities related to youth ministries
- Work with Risk Management Team to provide a safe ministry environment and best practices for all ministry situations Ensure background checks have been completed and are on file for all ministry volunteers
- Will serve under the direction of the Senior Pastor and will report directly to the Minister of Education & Administration Fulfill any additional duties required by the Senior Pastor and/or the Minister of Education & Administration
- Primary Responsibilities Provide leadership and oversight for youth ministries and youth committee
- Plan a comprehensive and engaging ministry plan to include Sunday night and Wednesday night activities and Bible studies
- Teach and disciple youth to grow in Christ
- Develop and implement strategy to reach out to inactive and unchurched students
- Provide guidance and biblical counseling to youth and parents
- Communicate with and involve parents in ministry
- Be involved and active in area schools and school events Work with associational and other youth ministry networks
- Plan, schedule and coordinate youth camps, retreats, events and mission opportunities Work with nominating committee to recruit youth Sunday School teachers
- Serve as an ex officio member of and provide oversight to the Children’s Committee
Enon Baptist Church in Easley, SC is seeking a part time worship pastor. This position is currently held by the Music Minister/Music Director who is retiring. This person would work 15-20 hours per week and be responsible for the planning of and leading of worship music at each scheduled church service (Sunday AM & PM, and Wednesday PM) and any special services (e.g. Christmas Cantata). They would also work with the church praise team on music specials. The church is located at 871 Enon Church Road in Easley. For more information, or to apply, please email Pastor Scott Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad expires December 20, 2018.
Full-Time Senior Pastor for First Baptist Church, Arcadia, FL
First Baptist Church in Arcadia, Florida is seeking a full-time senior pastor. We are a looking for a man that has proven himself to be called of God to minister the gospel of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord both to the church and to a sin-sick, dying world. The Pastor shall be an ordained Southern Baptist Minister in good, cooperative standing in the Southern Baptist Denomination. The duties of the pastor are those that are commonly expected of the pastor of a Southern Baptist Church.
The ideal candidate would have a degree from seminary, with at least five years of experience as a Pastor and/or prior church-ministry experience. Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
sheet (will not contact without your permission)
Ad Expires December 20, 2018
Youth Ministry Leader
Grace Church of Columbia, SC (gracechurchcolumbia.org) is seeking a part-time (10-12 hours per week) Youth Ministry Leader to lead and disciple middle and high school students. Grace Church is a small, urban, diverse congregation seeking to love God, love people, and live authentic lives. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Ad Expires December 8, 2018
The Bridge Church Upstate is searching for a student from NGU who would love an opportunity to lead worship on Wednesday evening in our student ministry program. It is thriving and growing with a band in place and full in the ear technology. We need someone who is Spirit-led and spirit filled to lead the singers and band. Playing guitar or keys is a plus. The Bridge Church Upstate is willing to pay and feed the student weekly. More than one person interested would also be a plus.
The Bridge Church Upstate
112 Beacon Hill Ct. Easley SC
Organist / Piano / Keyboard Player - Part Time
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad Expires November 30, 2018
Youth Ministry Co-Director
About the Church
Fellowship is a non-denominational church, with a multinational congregation located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. We are a church for people who think they don’t like church, so we can help them come to know a God they think they don’t need, tell them about Jesus, train and equip them, and send them back to their home countries to carry the message of the gospel. We have a congregation of approximately 3500+ adults and 80 youth with over 80 nationalities and holds six services across two locations every Friday.
About the Role
Seeking someone full-time to fill our Youth Ministry Co-Director position. Applicant must be a female, administrative, have a proven track record of volunteer recruitment and must be able to connect to and relate with students, volunteers and parents on a broad scale. Applicant must have a proven strategy for reaching young people for Jesus, while creating an inviting community of excitement and energy, encouraging students to seek God, invite their friends and grow in relationship with God and each other.
The Co-Director will work alongside the other Youth Ministry Co-Director to build the programs for youth, working directly with middle and high school youth and their families. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about young people and their relationship with Jesus, someone youthful at heart but not afraid to assert themselves in appropriate situations. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in youth ministry and an undergraduate degree.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working in collaboration with the other Youth Ministry Co-Director, this person will provide for weekly opportunities for youth formation, education, and community
- Manage administrative tasks, including communications, Youth Ministry calendar, and budget.
- Plan, promote, and lead youth go trips and service projects.
- Build relationships with students and their families and provide pastoral care to help create a vibrant student community
- Recruit, develop, and empower volunteers serving in the Youth Ministry.
Personal Qualities Required
- Committed to and in agreement with the Fellowship Doctrinal Statement.
- A passion for the unique vision of Fellowship to reach all nations through Dubai.
- A personal, spirit-filled, growing, healthy relationship with Jesus which is characterized by a commitment to Bible reading, prayer, godly living, and evangelism.
- If married, loving their spouse and nurturing a Christ-centered and dependent home.
- A deep love for the lost and all God’s people.
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to confidentiality, good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of Fellowship Ministries
- The position is full-time
- The required hours are 40 hours per week, although there will be occasions where more hours per week will be required.
- The required hours are 40 hours per week, although there will be occasions where more hours per week will be required.
If you need more information about the position, you can contact Jamie Koeing at any point via email. For anyone who is interested, email your resume to email@example.com.
Ad expires November. 30, 2018
MINISTER OF MUSIC - Part time
Principle Function: The Minister of Music is responsible to the pastor for directing and leading the music ministry of the church.
Qualifications for the Position: The incumbent will possess an in-depth knowledge of music and be proficient in at least one musical instrument. Be called by God to music ministry.
Some formal music education and/or experience in music ministry is desired.
Requirements of the Position:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and select songs for weekly services (Sunday morning, Sunday evening).
- Coordinate and schedule special music for Sunday morning services (choir special, solo, instrumental, etc).
- Direct and coordinate choir through regular practices.
- Choose and perform seasonal cantatas (Christmas & Easter) with the choir.
- Facilitate additional instruments into worship services.
- Oversee the audio/visual equipment and programs.
- Present an estimated annual music budget to the Finance Committee each July.
- Cooperate with the music committee and pastor in the performance of all duties.
- Attend regular business meetings and report progress and plans of music ministry.
- Participate in church council meetings.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Pay will be $10,400 annually.
- In the event, the minister of music is out sick or on vacation; the church will pay the supply person.
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation (which includes 2 Sundays and 2 Wednesdays) not to be accumulated.
Contact Ben Reams at 803-648-7873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ad expires November 30, 2018
SkyPointe Church in Travelers Rest, SC is looking for a drummer to join our praise band for Sunday morning worship. We have an electronic drum set and would like to incorporate it into our worship gathering. This is a volunteer position.
Check out skypointechurch.com to learn more about who we are. Contact William Coen to apply.
Ad Expires November 25, 2018
Volunteer Musicians Needed - Part Time
Milford Baptist is currently looking for guitarists, drummers, or anyone else that would like to add to our worship band. We rehearse on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Service is at 11 a.m. Music style is a mixture of hymns and contemporary music. Chord charts are normally used. Please text, call, or email Jason for more information!
Ad Expires November 25, 2018
Full Time Student Minister
Cornerstone Church, located in Maiden NC (hear Hickory) is a very Bible-based and loving congregation which seeks to honor and obey Jesus Christ in all things. While we do not carry a denominational title, we are Baptist in our beliefs and practices and are part of the Southern Baptist Convention, the NC Baptist State Convention, and the South Fork Baptist Association. We are seeking a qualified individual to lead us into our next phase of growth in Student Ministry. This individual will serve under the direction of our Senior Pastor and will be responsible for planning a full-rounded program for students in grades 6 - 12 at Cornerstone Church. They will also assist our Children’s Minister, as appropriate, with our younger students (grades 1-5)
The Student Minister will serve under the full authority and direction of the Senior Pastor and will be responsible for the following:
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ in salvation
- Firm commitment to the Scriptures as the Inerrant Word of God
- Unreserved affirmation of the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
- Ability to understand, express, and articulate basic Bible doctrine
- Married or in a committed and godly relationship
• One who loves people
• Bachelor’s degree (or in process of attaining)
- A passion for Student Ministry
- One who loves God and His Word
- A Team player; ability to work with other staff.
- An understanding of Students and the unique issues they encounter
- An eagerness to learn and improve
- Accountable in both public and private life
- Ability to relate to and disciple students
- Ability to equip parents in their task of raising children
- Provide Pastoral Ministry with the Youth Ministry families (youth, parents of youth, and youth leaders)
- Develop a Youth Team which will assist in leading our youth
- Working with Pastor, Children’s Minister, and other Staff to Develop a Comprehensive Ministry to Children and Youth
- Coordinate the weekly youth Bible curriculum
- Coordinate and implement an annual youth ministry budget proposal, and administer budget as approved by the congregation
- Plan events for parents of youth related to their parenting roles
- Keep parents informed about all events/activities
- Assist with youth leadership in providing opportunities for youth and family to be involved in missions and ministry
- Plan and supervise student trips
- Lead outreach to students in area schools
- Establish specific office hours and times each week for Staff Meeting and to update/review with the Senior Pastor
- Lead Cornerstone Church to reach students and others for Jesus Christ
- Other duties as needed and/or requested by the Senior Pastor
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com
Ad Expires November 25, 2018
Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Criteria for this scholarship are:
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.
Church Related Vocation Scholarship - Must be a Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Media Ministry, Christian Worship Arts & Leadership, or Church Music major. Will receive up to $800 per year for a full time student. No application required and scholarship is renewable provided you keep one of these majors. Please see the Financial Aid Office for more information if you do not automatically receive it.
SC Baptist Convention Scholarships -The Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention offers two (2) types of scholarships for those seeking a church related vocation. The Church Related Vocational Scholarship (CRVS) is for undergraduate students and the Richard Furman scholarship is for SBC seminary and SCBC university students seeking a masters degree. Please visit their website for more information.