Serving as a bridge between NGU and a global community of churches and ministries, the Office of Church Relations plans and represents NGU at church and denominational conferences.
In addition, Church Relations schedules the NGU student ministry teams:
- Joyful Sound (music ensemble)
- Impact Teams (Available for weekend Disciple Now leadership, retreats and other church needs)
- Act II (Christian Drama Troupe)
- NGU Campus Band (Worship Events)
- Life Answer Team (Ministry Team)
Scheduling a Ministry Team
If you would like to schedule a ministry team for your event, complete the online form.
The Office of Church Relations assists Alumni and current students seeking ministry employment opportunities. If you are a church and/or ministry organization and would like to post a full time, part time and/or internship job opportunity on our website to promote the position, please complete the online form below or contact Meredith Jones for more information.
Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Criteria for this scholarship are:
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.
Church Related Vocation Scholarship - Must be a Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Media Ministry, Christian Worship Arts & Leadership, or Church Music major. Will receive up to $800 per year for a full time student. No application required and scholarship is renewable provided you keep one of these majors. Please see the Financial Aid Office for more information if you do not automatically receive it.
SC Baptist Convention Scholarships -The Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention offers two (2) types of scholarships for those seeking a church related vocation. The Church Related Vocational Scholarship (CRVS) is for undergraduate students and the Richard Furman scholarship is for SBC seminary and SCBC university students seeking a masters degree. Please visit their website for more information.