Serving as a bridge between NGU and a global community of churches and ministries, the Office of Church Relations plans and represents NGU at church and denominational conferences.
In addition, Church Relations schedules the NGU student ministry teams:
- Joyful Sound (music ensemble)
- Impact Teams (Available for weekend Disciple Now leadership, retreats and other church needs)
- Act II (Christian Drama Troupe)
- NGU Campus Band (Worship Events)
- Life Answer Team (Ministry Team)
Scheduling a Ministry Team
If you would like to schedule a ministry team for your event, complete the online form.
The Office of Church Relations assists Alumni and current students seeking ministry employment opportunities. If you are a church and/or ministry organization and would like to post a full time, part time and/or internship job opportunity on our website to promote the position, please complete the online form or contact Meredith Jones for more information.
Summer Internship Description
Our Internship program is designed to be an exciting, intense, and unique ministry opportunity with hands-on-training in practical areas of ministry and involvement. We're searching for one or two of the most passionate and gifted people to join in our intern experience.
If all you're looking for is a great paying job with benefits, this isn't the place for you. But if you're interested in being a part of an incredible move God, if you want to see Him use you in ways you never imagined, working here is one of the highest privileges you'll ever experience.
When most people think of an internship, they have visions of busy work-fetching coffee, picking up dry cleaning, making copies. But at The Junction Church, we're looking for contributing members for our team. Oh don't worry, you'll work hard! After all, changing the world is hard work, but you'll also get to see the Kingdom of God advanced because of your efforts.
It's a calling. It's a privilege. People who are awakened to the God-given potential inside of them to make an impact for the glory of God using whatever gifts God has placed inside of them.
Those interested in the internship program should have a growing relationship with Christ, passion for the emerging generation, a learner's mentality and a desire to be a team player. He or she must be a self-starter who takes initiative; have a sense of the gifts and abilities God has given them, and have a minimum of a High School Diploma/or GED. Some leadership experience in ministry, either at a staff level or as a volunteer, is desired, and a sense of calling in ministry is essential.
Ages of Acceptance: 18+ (legality with CIC)
Arrive in Calgary by June 25, 2019
Contact Denise@junctionchurch.ca or call 587-437-0012.
Expires April 19, 2019
Our internship program is designed to be an exciting, intense, and unique ministry opportunity with hands-on-training in practical areas of ministry. We’re searching for passionate and gifted people to join in our intern experience.
If you're interested in being a part of what God is doing at Southwinds and seeing Him use you in ways you never imagined, then this might be the internship for you.
When most people think of an internship, they have visions of busy work such as fetching coffee, picking up dry cleaning, and making copies. But at Southwinds Church, we believe in hands-on experience. We are looking for hard-working members to our team that will make a tremendous impact on our summer outreach initiatives. Our guiding prayer is that you will get to see the Kingdom of God advanced because of your efforts.
We also strive to deepen your walk with Christ throughout the summer. Our goal is to provide an atmosphere that allows for our interns to seek out what God is saying to them and incorporate that into our outreach and intern experience. We also desire to create an atmosphere that challenges interns in the realm of leadership and responsibility.
We ask that you raise $800 for the summer. This will cover your flights to and from Calgary as well as meals out 1-2 times a week. While this is not a paid internship, we will provide housing for you, as well as most meals.
- He/she must have a growing relationship with Christ, a passion for the emerging generation, a learner’s mentality, and a desire to be a team player.
- He/she must be a self- starter who takes the initiative, has a sense of the gifts and abilities God has given him/her, and have a minimum of a high school diploma/or GED.
- It is desired that he/she has some leadership experience in ministry, either at a staff level or as a volunteer, and has a sense of calling in ministry.
- Applicant must provide own transportation to and from Calgary.
Ages of Acceptance: 18+ (legality with CIC)
Arrive in Calgary by June 20, 2019
Depart Calgary: August 6, 2019
Contact Denise@junctionchurch.ca or call 587-437-0012.
Hilltop Free Will Baptist Church
Contact Name: Randy Smith
Contact Phone Number: 606-207-4871
Contact Address: 1401 Geer Highway, Travelers Rest, SC 29690
Type of Job: Director of Youth and Children's Ministry
Job Description: We are seeking someone to develop and oversee our youth and children's ministry. This is a ground level opportunity, and would be idea for a youth ministry major. The right candidate should be a person of deep faith, committed to Jesus Christ as Lord, and active in the church. He/she will be responsible for events and programs centered around promoting Christ to the youth of the church and community around us, while building the youth/children's ministry at Hilltop. The right candidate should also be community minded. If interested, please contact Pastor Randy.
Expires April 15, 2019
Lakewood Baptist Church
Contact Name: Jerry Devinney
Contact Phone Number: 803-366-3443
Contact Address: 3520 Mt. Gallant Rd. Rock Hill, SC 29732
Type of Job: Full Time Student Pastor
- is committed to personal evangelism, ministry to students and their families, and biblical discipleship through small groups.
- has a growing relationship with Christ, with his family, and with others.
- meets the biblical qualifications for leadership according to 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- displays the kind of wisdom and peacemaking ability found in James 3:17-18.
- evidences the fruit of the Spirit in his life, especially the fruit of love according to 1 Corinthians 13.
- is be forward thinking, solution seeking, and redemptive in his approach to problem solving and conflict management.
- has good relational and communication skills as well as a strong work ethic.
First Baptist Church Manning, SC
Contact Name: Kelsey Steele
Contact Phone Number: 803-435-8136
Contact Address: 49 West Boyce Street, Manning, SC 29102
Type of Job: Full Time Director of Youth and Children's Ministry
Job Description: To provide a ministry of education and fellowship development for the children and youth of the congregation along with their families. To serve as a colleague on the church staff, and provide leadership in the area of Christian education.
- Should be a person of deep faith, committed to Jesus Christ as Lord, and active in the church.
- Should have a BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferably, this position should be a person who is a member of, and is committed to a Southern Baptist Church.
- Should be a person who has experience and/or training in the fields of Christian education and youth ministry.
- Should be a compassionate and caring person who is able to form healthy relationships with members of the congregation.
- Should be able to work with the church staff in a collegial environment.
- Share Children’s Message during the 11:00 A.M. Worship Service on Sunday
- Organize Children’s Church
- Maintain Children and Youth budget
Expires: April 12, 2019
River Road Baptist Church
Contact name: Teresa Evans
Contact Phone Number: 864-325-3437
Contact Address: 1714 River Road, Piedmont, SC 29673
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Job: Pianist
Job Description: Pianist (Part-time) needed for a small Baptist church. Traditional hymns along with praise and worship for Sunday morning worship service (10:30 a.m.)
Hours Needed: approx. 2 hours weekly (Sunday AM Service- 10:30 a.m.)
Compensation: $150 weekly
Expires April 12, 2019
Part-Time Interim Worship Leader
Lead gospel-centered worship during one Sunday morning service for an established Southern Baptist church. Lead rehearsal with existing praise band each Wednesday night.
Abner Creek Baptist Church
2461 Abner Creek Rd
Greer, SC 29651
Expires March 13, 2019
Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Criteria for this scholarship are:
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.
Church Related Vocation Scholarship - Must be a Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Media Ministry, Christian Worship Arts & Leadership, or Church Music major. Will receive up to $800 per year for a full time student. No application required and scholarship is renewable provided you keep one of these majors. Please see the Financial Aid Office for more information if you do not automatically receive it.
SC Baptist Convention Scholarships -The Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention offers two (2) types of scholarships for those seeking a church related vocation. The Church Related Vocational Scholarship (CRVS) is for undergraduate students and the Richard Furman scholarship is for SBC seminary and SCBC university students seeking a masters degree. Please visit their website for more information.