Serving as a bridge between NGU and a global community of churches and ministries, the Office of Church Relations plans and represents NGU at church and denominational conferences.
In addition, Church Relations schedules the NGU student ministry teams:
- Joyful Sound (music ensemble)
- Impact Teams (Available for weekend Disciple Now leadership, retreats and other church needs)
- Act II (Christian Drama Troupe)
- NGU Campus Band (Worship Events)
- Life Answer Team (Ministry Team)
Scheduling a Ministry Team
If you would like to schedule a ministry team for your event, complete the online form.
The Office of Church Relations assists Alumni and current students seeking ministry employment opportunities. If you are a church and/or ministry organization and would like to post a full time, part time and/or internship job opportunity on our website to promote the position, please complete the online form below or contact Meredith Jones for more information.
Beaver Creek Baptist Church
4670 Stoneboro Road Heath Springs, SC 29058
Serve as full time pastor in a somewhat small, conservative Southern Baptist Church with a great history of serving God. We have served as a stepping stone for many young people in the past.
For more information contact Mike Wright at 803-320-4069 or email@example.com.
Expires June 15, 2019
Riverview Baptist Church
Part-Time Ministry of Youth
118 Old Pendleton Road
Greenville, SC 29611
Seek out and encourage the youth in the community to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to be active in their daily spiritual life. Do activities with them, teach them in Sunday School, etc. This would include door-to-door visitation and participation in worship services.
For more information contact Jim Evatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-276-8748.
Expires June 15, 2019
Harris Creek Baptist Church
356 Harris Creek Church Road
Society Hill, SC 29593
Permanent Part-Time Pastor
To apply: send a resume to PO Box 306 Society Hill, SC 29593
Expires June 9, 2019
Two Mille Swamp Baptist Church
1066 Bonnette Rd.
Cope, SC 28038
Part-Time Youth Minister
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth grades 7-12.
- Develop and manage an annual budget for the youth ministry.
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth within the
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out a monthly youth event/activity.
- Teach Sunday School.
- Would prefer 2 bible study/ministry opportunities per week including
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in
the broader church family.
- Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the youth
- Choose and review all curriculum used in youth ministry to ensure they are
consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Regularly communicate to youth parents about youth ministry activities and
events through varies methods including church newsletters and bulletins.
- Assist and volunteer with children’s ministry.
- Participate in all staff meeting and retreats.
- Willingness to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A calling to ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders. (1 Timothy
3:-1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9)
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of
- Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels,
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Be available to youth for counseling
- Ability to pass a background check.
For more information Janet Garrick at 803-536-0376 or email@example.com.
First Baptist Church of Weddington
348 Providence Rd. S.
Weddington, NC 28173
Part-time Worship Music leader *Summer Position* for a talented individual who desires to lead the music portion of Sunday morning worship services and Sunday evening gatherings. Ability to lead congregational singing/worship with acoustic guitar and vocals required. Salary depends upon qualifications. First Baptist Church of Weddington is located in the growing and beautiful “South Charlotte” area. FBC Weddington’s vision is to, “Love God and others, grow in fellowship, study, and prayer, serve joyfully, and go share the gospel.”
For more information contact Sam Roach 704-846-6770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expires June 7, 2019
Mizpah Baptist Church
233 N. Price Rd.
Florence, SC 29506
YOUTH PASTOR/YOUTH DIRECTOR: Mizpah Baptist Church in Florence, SC, is seeking a Youth Pastor/Youth Director. The emphasis of this ministry position is to lead our youth and youth in our community to a saving faith in Jesus Christ. Résumés may be mailed to: Mizpah Baptist Church, 233 N. Price Rd., Florence, SC 29506 or emailed to: email@example.com.
Expires June 7, 2019
Bethel Baptist Church of Greenville
403 Sulphur Springs Road
Greenville, SC 29617
Bethel has a blended worship style, and usually two songs are contemporary and two are traditional. Currently Michael leads the contemporary worship from the keyboard with the Praise Team, and the traditional is played with our church pianist, along with Michael playing guitar or keyboard. We are in need of volunteer help in the following areas:
- Singers - if you love to sing, we'd love to plug you in!
- Rhythm Guitar - our praise team needs a guitar player that can accompany our contemporary worship music. Players should be able to read a chord chart or lead sheet, be familiar with the song to accompany well.
- Bass Guitar - our praise team needs a reliable bass player that can play along with contemporary or traditional hymns. A bassist needs to be able to read music to follow the bass line of a hymnal or play the bass line of a chord chart or lead sheet.
- Drummer - Bethel currently has a Roland electric drumset, but nobody to play it right now. A drummer should be able to accompany the contemporary worship music in a variety of styles, and make the best use of the equipment we have. The drummer should not overpower the music, but play in a balanced manner, adding rhythm to make a great blended worship band sound. A drummer should be able to play leading worship songs with a consistent tempo and an understanding of the genre and type of song.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these positions, please contact Michael. All members of the praise team should have a demonstrable evidence of salvation, a strong Christian testimony, a love for Jesus, a desire to worship God through music, and willingness to commit to rehearsals at 8:30 AM on Sunday mornings and be faithful to the ministry. Also praise team members should be willing to work under Michael's leadership.
If you are not a member of Bethel but are interested in the music ministry and meet these qualifications, contact us and we will meet with you first to get to know you better personally/spiritually, then play some music together to evaluate your ability. These are unpaid volunteer positions for those looking for a place to serve and grow in the Lord. Church Website: bethelgreenville.org
For more information contact Michael Lining at 630-779-6566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expires June 7, 2019
Financial assistance is available to South Carolina Baptist students who are pursuing a church-related vocation.
The South Carolina Baptist Convention annually expresses its support of students committed to a church-related vocation by offering financial assistance to South Carolina Baptist students enrolled in South Carolina colleges and universities and seminary students enrolled in one of the six Southern Baptist seminaries.
Financial assistance is provided through the Cooperative Program and the Richard Furman Scholarship Fund and is administered by the Scholarships Committee of the Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Criteria for this scholarship are:
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependents whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university or seminary accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April.
These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Applications may be completed online before March 15 at the link below.
Church Related Vocation Scholarship - Must be a Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Media Ministry, Christian Worship Arts & Leadership, or Church Music major. Will receive up to $800 per year for a full time student. No application required and scholarship is renewable provided you keep one of these majors. Please see the Financial Aid Office for more information if you do not automatically receive it.
SC Baptist Convention Scholarships -The Executive Board of the South Carolina Baptist Convention offers two (2) types of scholarships for those seeking a church related vocation. The Church Related Vocational Scholarship (CRVS) is for undergraduate students and the Richard Furman scholarship is for SBC seminary and SCBC university students seeking a masters degree. Please visit their website for more information.