Department: Student Services
Position Summary: The Financial Aid Director serves as a key member of NGUís Student Services department, and provides leadership, vision, and direction for the Financial Aid office. This person creates and maintains policies to achieve regulatory compliance and excellent service to students & families, as well as develops collaborative relationships with colleagues across campus.
- Create plans and department goals that align with the vision and direction of senior campus leadership
- Contribute to the formation of data-driven institutional scholarship
and grant policies in support of enrollment, retention, and revenue
- Oversee the awarding, disbursement and reconciliation of all federal, state and institutional financial aid
- Authorize & oversee appropriate access levels to federal/state financial aid systems for staff & 3rd-party partners
- Maintain the Universityís Title IV Policies & Procedures
- Ensure campus-wide regulatory compliance, including the proper
dissemination of required annual disclosures and consumer information
- In coordination with the VP for Student Services, monitor
legislative & regulatory developments and lead the University
through any changes
- Ensure the timely completion of required reports and surveys, including FISAP and IPEDS
- Serve as the point of contact for annual A-133 audit, and any other financial aid audits/reviews
- Ensure the accuracy of the content on financial aid web pages & publications
- Provide financial aid training to staff engaged in student recruiting efforts (e.g., admissions & athletics)
- Present financial aid sessions at institutional preview days, college fairs, and high school financial aid nights, as needed
- Bachelorís degree preferred or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in financial aid at least at the assistant or associate director level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to handle a variety of student issues and concerns
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve with frequent interruptions
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with PowerFAIDS preferred
- Understand and comply with FERPA regulations
- Supports NGUís mission statement and core values, commitment to a
Christian lifestyle and character in keeping with biblical model
This position is a full-time position in Student
Services. The Director of Financial Aid reports to the Vice President
for Student Services.
Student Services is open Monday through Thursday,
8:30 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. Ė 12 p.m. Summer hours may
vary. Office hours are subject to change as deemed necessary. Occasional work on Saturdays and evenings may be required.
travel is required for training in addition to performing Financial Aid
Workshops in the community, as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to
follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as
requested by his or her supervisor.
Please submit your resume in the North Greenville University application below.