POSITION: DIRECTOR OF HOUSEKEEPING AND LANDSCAPING
DEPARTMENT: CAMPUS ENHANCEMENT SERVICES
Oversee all landscaping and housekeeping operations, promoting an
exemplary experience for students, staff, faculty and visitors. Strong leadership skills, and vision for
growth are vital, as well as the ability to develop talented teams to maintain
a pristine appearance of all grounds and maintain the highest standards of
cleanliness for the University. The
Director is expected to lead by example, setting, monitoring and achieving
goals, proactively forecasting, budgeting and inspecting the scope of
work. Will be responsible for maximizing
effectiveness and igniting a passion for excellence.
- Work with supervisors to hire and train team
members for landscaping and housekeeping staff.
- Perform annual evaluations, coaching and correcting
of staff, if needed; as well as provide individual motivation to staff members
to enable everyone to perform to his/her full potential.
- Manage logistics of daily operations to ensure
crews understand job priorities, labor needs, and schedule changes to ensure
tasks are completed within budgeted job hours.
- Perform daily inspections of buildings and
grounds to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, functionality, and
efficiency are maintained on a consistent basis as it relates to grounds,
landscaping, and University facilities.
- Ability to identify areas in need of enhancement
and work with responsible departments to achieve goals.
- Support University events, including events that
may take place after normal work hours. This may include collaboration with
multiple departments within the university.
- Prepare and present reports of hours worked,
staff assignments, tasks, and duties performed to properly allocate department
expenses and maintain budget.
- Maintain annual budgets of expenditures for the
Housekeeping and Landscaping Departments.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with
peers, co-workers, vendors, and University faculty and staff.
- Management, 5 years (Preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing, to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior
management and/or employees
- Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees,
provide their professional development, administer performance management and
disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations
- Demonstrated understanding of matters related to
assigned areas of responsibility
- Job involves working outdoors in varying weather
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Lifting, pulling, and pushing: exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects
- Viewing computer screen/monitor, utilizing key
board, answering phone & making calls
This position is a full-time position in Campus Enhancement
Services. This position reports directly
to the Assistant Vice President of Campus Enhancement Services.
- Supports NGU's mission statement and core values
- Commitment to a Christian lifestyle in keeping
with biblical model
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., and Friday
8:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Occasional work on
Saturdays and evenings may be required.