Department: Office of University Marketing & Creative Services
Position Summary: This position will serve as a key member of the Vice President for Enrollment & Marketing/Communicationís leadership team. The Director of University Marketing & Creative Services provides strategic and active management of all marketing functions for generating a widespread understanding of the NGU story to build brand equity, awareness, and prestige that drives enrollment and helps institutional advancement. The Director will develop and implement performance‐based integrated marketing plans based on market research and trends, consumer insights, and key metrics. The individual will give art direction and ensure consistent brand experience across all marketing touchpoints, including but not limited to traditional and new media advertising, direct marketing, inbound and outbound tactics, collateral, and digital presence. The Director will oversee the operation and creative staff of the department, ensuring team members love showing up to work and become premier artisans in their craft.
Collaborate with University stakeholders to develop and execute marketing strategies in achieving goals for a variety of institutional priorities across multiple audience segments, including prospective certificate, dual enrollment, on‐campus and online undergraduate, on‐ campus and online masters, and doctoral students, alumni, donors, and community members.
- Provide oversight and achieve revenue targets of the newly merged print production operation that serves internal and external constituents.
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators for marketing effectiveness, ensuring that marketing strategies are grounded in data and analytics. Provide regular reports to the VP to optimize campaigns and deliver measurable results.
- Oversee the Universityís digital presence including the website, email marketing, and digital advertising.
- In collaboration with the Admissions teams, provide direction and oversight of all enrollment marketing strategies ensuring a clear and consistent brand strategy.
- Direct and optimize marketing budget and staff resources to optimize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assign and manage projects between internal resources and external vendors, depending on project needs and allocated budget.
- Manage external vendor and agency partnerships in support of the marketing, advertising, and digital priorities for the University.
- Hire, train, oversee and retain a team of talented marketing, digital, and creative professionals.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, staying informed of industry best practices, and innovative strategies
Bachelorís degree in marketing, communication, or a related field. Masters preferred.
- 5‐7 years of experience in marketing and digital strategy and execution with a track record of successful marketing campaigns with measurable results.
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading collaborative groups toward the successful execution of marketing and communications strategies in the higher education space.
- Ability to deal successfully with multiple tasks, shifting priorities, and drive projects to successful completion.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing best practices in higher education related to enrollment, advancement, and institutional branding.
- Deep understanding of the digital user experience, digital advertising, and SEO.
- Demonstrated success in producing effective marketing and advertising plans.
- Exceptionally strong writing and verbal skills with keen attention to detail.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated expertise working with faculty, staff, and students.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and ensure quality and accuracy of work.
- Diverse technical skillset related to print and digital communication and production, including Office365 Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and CRM software (Slate experience is a plus).
- Functional understanding of print production equipment such as a wide‐format digital machine, banner printing, and die‐cut methods.
- High comfort level in using technology to optimize workflow and business processes.
- Willingness to acquire additional technical skillsets to meet the needs of new and expanding strategic initiatives.
- Must be able to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Supports NGUís mission, core values, and commitment to a Christian lifestyle and character in keeping with biblical models.
- Active in a biblically faithful, evangelical church, preferably one affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Awareness of and appreciation for the work of the Southern Baptist Convention and Baptist state conventions.
Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and
Grasping, Feeling, Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and
attend meetings across campus.
Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas
accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and
concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions.
This position is a full‐time salary position. The Director is expected to collaborate with the institutionís admission, alumni, and advancement engagement teams closely. The Director for University Marketing & Creative Services reports to the Vice President of Enrollment & Marketing/Communications.
The Office of University Marketing & Creative Services is open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. Ė 12:00 p.m. Summer hours may vary. Office hours are subject to change as deemed necessary. Occasional work on Saturdays, Sundays, and evenings will be required.
Some travel will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to
follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as
requested by his or her supervisor.
Please submit your resume in the North Greenville University application below.