Youíd like to become a church leader, but without going back to school for the next three or four years. We understand.
Thatís why the discipleship and spiritual formation certificate at North Greenville University gives you the opportunity to grow as a disciple and in making disciples through a short one-year program. Youíll have the opportunity to develop in all areas of your Christian life, especially in the spiritual disciplines, to prepare for walking with Christ and leading others into a closer walk with Christ.
The program includes only four courses (12 credits), with a fully online format. So your schedule stays flexible.
Once you successfully complete the program, you will receive a professional graduate Certificate in Discipleship and Spiritual Formation from North Greenville University.
Who Itís For
- Christians who Desire to Disciple Younger Believers
- Christians who Desire to Grow in Christ
- Church Leaders
- Ministry Leaders
- Organizational Leaders
- Being a Disciple of Christ
- Biblical Meditation
- How to Grow in Your Personal Walk with Christ
- Making Disciples
- Sharing Christ with Others
- Spiritual Disciplines of the Christian Life
The curriculum for NGUís Certificate in Discipleship and Spiritual Formation consists of two core courses and two elective courses, with a total of 12 credits.
First, complete the core courses required for each participant in the program:
- CM 5000 Spiritual Formation (3 credit hours)
- CM 5305 Personal Evangelism (3 credit hours)
After completing your core courses, you can choose two electives based on your preference:
- CM 5005 Theology of the Christian Life (3 credit hours)
- CM 5007 Psalms and Christian Spirituality (3 credit hours)
- CM 5008 Contemporary Evangelical Spirituality (3 credit hours)
- CM 5010 Devotional Classics of the Christian Faith (3 credit hours)
- CM 5312 Prayer and Spiritual Awakenings (3
- CM 5330 Christian Education in the Local Congregation (3 credit hours)
- CM 5331 Discipleship (3 credit hours)
- CM 5332 Leadership Development in the Local Congregation (3 credit hours)
Once you successfully complete the program courses listed above, you will receive a professional graduate Certificate in Discipleship and Spiritual Formation from North Greenville University, carrying the weight of 12 graduate university credits.