POSITION: CRM SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF UNIVERSITY MARKETING & CREATIVE
Position Summary: This position will serve to coordinate, manage, and act as the power‐user for the
technology used for recruitment within the enrollment & marketing/communications division. The
functions of the role include CRM development, automation, scriptwriting, artificial intelligence, report
writing, import creation, training, troubleshooting, and maintenance of systems/platforms. The
secondary responsibility is to manage the flow of data between the student information system (SIS)
and the customer relationship management (CRM) platforms and act as a liaison between enrollment &
marketing/communications and IT on requests concerning server and software maintenance as related
to the CRM or other enrollment technologies.
- Work with the Enrollment & Marketing/Communications Team to ensure that all technologies
are up to date and meeting the needs of modern enrollment and marketing tactics.
- Plan for and lead the implementation of new CRM components that allow NGU to stay up to
date with its recruitment.
- Serve as the Jenzabar (J1) module manager for the Office of Enrollment &
- Responsible for the creation and upkeep of reports used by staff that support the daily functions
of the Admissions Office and provide for weekly, monthly, and annual benchmarking
- Extract data as needed for reports and research by leadership within the Office of Enrollment &
Marketing/Communications as well as other areas of the University
Create and manage CRM communication campaigns, mailers, interactions, workflows, and
related CRM properties to achieve enrollment goals
- Create import processes for data from 3rd party sources as well as information coming and going
from the data warehouse
- Responsible for the training of all NGU staff on the uses and updates of the CRM as well as the
production of training materials and regular updates to policies and procedures manuals
- Act as a resource for all NGU staff when dealing with CRM issues and correcting problems
- Perform and assign data clean‐up and other tasks that keep the CRM running effectively and
providing the data necessary for recruitment and reporting
- Must be familiar with all admissions processes to better understand the needs of the SIS
concerning reports, communication flows, and historical data
- Collaborate with departmental leaders in decisions on best practices for the inclusion of
prospective student data and adherence to best reporting practices and logical coding and
storage for the most efficient use by the Office of Enrollment & Marketing/Communications and
- Perform technology initiatives and oversight as needed
- Clearly articulate your choices and understanding of projects when presenting your work to
colleagues. Take direction and criticism well, and are willing to work in a collaborative
environment, yet take the initiative when working on your own projects.
BS/BA in Computer Science or Marketing Information Systems (or related field) and/or
- Strong record of achievement as a technology professional
- Demonstrated success building relationships, programs, and services between diverse internal
- Computer knowledge (prefer Slate CRM, MS Visio, MS Word, and MS Excel).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Access databases and VBScript
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Logical thinking and problem‐solving skills
Ability to understand workflows, automation, and process documentation for how roles are
- Previous experience flowcharting and organizing projects or campaigns
- Previous experience with (Slate) CRM software or software that uses conditional merge and
- Database or SIS experience (preferably Jenzabar J1)
Experience in programming and report writing
Marketing, admissions, and recruitment knowledge is preferred
Willingness to acquire additional technical skillsets to meet the needs of new and expanding
strategic initiatives. Exhibit a never‐ending desire to learn how things work.
- Supports NGU’s mission, core values, and commitment to a Christian lifestyle and character in
keeping with biblical models.
Active in a biblically faithful, evangelical church, preferably one affiliated with the Southern
- Awareness of and appreciation for the work of the Southern Baptist Convention and Baptist
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create documents, and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co‐workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling, Write, type, and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend
meetings across campus.
Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically, think, and concentrate. Must be able to respond
quickly to changes in conditions
This position is a full‐time hourly position. The Enrollment Technology & Automation Specialist is
expected to collaborate with the institution’s marketing, admission, alumni, and advancement
engagement teams closely. The position reports to the Director of University Marketing & Creative
Services. The nature of responsibilities makes it necessary to work in‐person and on location with other
The Office of University Marketing and Creative Services is open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. –
5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Summer hours may vary. Office hours are subject to
change as deemed necessary. Occasional work on Saturdays, Sundays, and evenings will be required.
Some travel will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties as
requested by his or her supervisor.