Department: Office of Admissions
Position Summary: The Event Coordinator and Dual Enrollment Counselor has two distinct roles. The Event Coordinator works to collaborate with various departments across campus to plan and execute events for our prospective students and families. The Dual Enrollment Counselor role works to recruit and enroll students for our Dual Enrollment program.
- Serve as an active member of a highly-collaborative, team-oriented admissions office
- Learn and adhere to all NGU policies
- Cultivate positive relationships with prospective students and families
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and regularly with prospective students and families through phone calls, text messages, emails, social media applications, and campus visits and events.
- Partner with faculty, staff, and current NGU students in the enrollment process
- Event Coordinator
- Plan and coordinate all elements of Admissions events including but not limited to Distinguished Preview Day, Overnight at NGU, NGU Scholars Weekend, and New Student Connect.
- Actively and consistently evaluate admissions events to find ways to improve the events and implement them.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to effectively promote admissions events.
- Report on the progress of event planning and evaluation to the Director of Admissions on a regular basis; meeting at least once weekly.
- Work closely with the Director of Admissions to manage expenditures for events.
- Supervise student workers assigned to this position.
- Represent the Admissions Office as a participant, attendee and/or regular presenter with professional organizations and their conferences, and participate as a leader in ways that benefit the profession.
- Serve on various university and external committees at the direction of the Director of Admissions.
- Meet with fellow staff members to determine best event dates for the upcoming calendar year
- Meet with Admissions Staff as event program is developed
- Assign and delegate tasks to other staff members as events are approaching
- Host brainstorming sessions with other staff members in order to create better/additional experiences in the future
- Meet with Faculty/Staff as events are planned in order to gain feedback and include them in programming
- Monitor online event registration
- Work with Admissions Staff to track event attendees in Excel spreadsheets
- Communicate event details with attendees through phone calls/emails/letters
- Track and record attendance trends with each event
- Work with Campus Ambassadors as they volunteer for large events
- Communicate with School Counselors and invite them to special events on campus
- Oversee Student Workers who help with event preparation
Dual Enrollment Coordinator
- Maintain communication with current/prospective Dual Enrollment students
- Maintain/Update Dual Enrollment info in print/on web
- Host Dual Enrollment Drop-In each fall
- Maintain Dual Enrollment partnership with Legacy Charter School
- Work with Enrollment Team to recruit Dual Enrollment students for undergrad program
- Meet with prospective Dual Enrollment students/families
- Work with Financial Aid to identify Dual Enrollment Scholarship recipients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve with frequent interruptions
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Some knowledge of programs such as Jenzabar J1, Jenzabar JRM, Salesforce, or similar customer relationship management software programs is preferred
- Supports NGUís mission statement and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle and character in keeping with biblical model
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with students, visitors, co-workers, and vendors
- Dexterity: Grasping, feeling, writing, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed, accurate, and important information in a manner that can be clearly understood
- Lifting, Pulling, and Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and concentrate. Must be able to adapt and respond quickly to the needs of students, studentsí families, and co-workers
This position is a full-time position in the Office of Admissions. The Event Coordinator/Dual Enrollment Counselor reports directly to the Associate Director of Admissions.
Some travel is required for training in addition to assisting Admissions Office personnel in the promotion of the university.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to
follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as
requested by his or her supervisor.
Please submit your resume in the North Greenville University application below.