Department: Campus Ministries and Student Engagement
Position Summary: The Health Clinic Coordinator at NGU assists in coordinating the health clinic services for students, faculty, and staff. This position is a 12‐month, full‐time with benefits position that reports directly to the AVP of Student Engagement. The coordinator is responsible for managing the triage process in the health clinic, coordinating with third‐party medical providers, and planning educational health programming on NGU’s campuses.
Assist healthcare to students and staff
- Perform health screenings
- Coordinate referrals to private healthcare providers
- Serve as liaison between school personnel and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment
- Coordinate plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care with the clinic provider
- Serving as support for school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Providing health‐related education to students, faculty, and staff in both individual and group settings
- In conjunction with the Residence Life office, monitor immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to ensure compliance with accreditation standards, prevent injury, and ensure safety
- Implement institutional infection control measures
- Actively participate in institutional safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur
- Provide health advice to institutional educational teams as needed
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance
Minimum of an Associates in Nursing
- Minimum of 3 years prior applicable experience
- Active or Eligible for licensure in SC
- Basic Life Support certified is desired
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve with frequent interruptions
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams; experience with database use preferred.
- Understand and comply with HIPAA and FERPA regulations
- Supports NGU’s mission statement and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle and character in keeping with biblical model
Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and
Grasping, Feeling, Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and
attend meetings across campus.
Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas
accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up
to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
- Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and
concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions – 75‐100%
of the time.
This position is a full‐time position in Campus Ministries and Student Engagement and reports directly to the AVP of Student Engagement. This position works closely with the Director of Student Counseling to develop comprehensive health services for the students, faculty and staff at NGU.
Student Services is open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Summer hours may vary. Office hours are subject to change as deemed necessary. Occasional work on Saturdays and evenings may be required.
Some travel may be required; however, all travel will be between the two NGU campuses or regionally for training and supply needs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to
follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as
requested by his or her supervisor.
Please submit your resume in the North Greenville University application below.