With the recent passage of the South Carolina Expungement Law and the workforce shortage, knowing how to ethically and legally consider applicants with a criminal history is a must for employers. This seminar will provide information on legal compliance with the applicable laws governing background checks and information on the effects of the new South Carolina law.
What you will learn
- Whether and when a background check should be run
- Required disclosure & authorization/consent forms
- Restrictions on requirements for employer consideration of information
- Individualized assessment period
- What is a reasonable waiting period
- The impact of the new SC Expungement Law
March 13, 2018
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
North Greenville University, Tim Brashier Campus - Greer, S.C.
$20 (Lunch included)