Managing employees in a church and non-profit world is a unique challenge. This seminar will provide some best practices, tips, and policies.
With the recent passage of the South Carolina Expungement Law and the workforce shortage, knowing how to ethically and legally consider applicants with a criminal history is a must for employers. This seminar will provide information on legal compliance with the applicable laws governing background checks and information on the effects of the new South Carolina law.
What you will learn
- Whether and when a background check should be run
- Required disclosure & authorization/consent forms
- Restrictions on requirements for employer consideration of information
- Individualized assessment period
- What is a reasonable waiting period
- The impact of the new SC Expungement Law