NGU honors staff, welcomes new faculty
Tigerville, SC (August 26, 2020) The number of years an
employee remains with an employer validates the employee’s commitment to the
organization’s mission and shared purpose. North Greenville University (NGU) employees make
up a caring, Christ-centered community, which offers its students individual
attention and student mentoring, which open doors, change lives, and develop lifetime
The University held a
faculty/staff chapel service on Thursday, August 13, for a time of worship and
celebration of a new school year and to honor staff members reaching milestone
years of service. Over fifty percent of the staff recognized has worked for
the University for more than ten years.
NGU President Dr. Gene C.
Fant, Jr. honored the following staff members at the chapel service:
- Danny Pittman
- Robert Boggs
- Ellen Cashion
- Robert Gaddis
- Cheryl Greene
- Rosemary Thrasher
- Erin Wall
- Christina Eddy
- Glenn Gifford
- Johnny Green
- Tommy Howard
- Donny Mathis
- Michelle Moses
- Victor Prieto
- Liliane Toss
- Tim van den Meiracker
- John Williford
- Ann Aust
- Danny Conard
- Vivian Dugle
- Angelena Heard
- Dillon Key
- Glenn McCauley
- Keith Moore
- Elizabeth Ross
- Kyle Walden
- Timm Artus
- Joanna Beasley
- Jeremy Bolden
- Tina Boyle
- Pamela Bright
- Maurice Duncan
- Terri Elder
- Zachary Epting
- Robert Gawrys
- Stephen Griner
- Elizabeth Houck
- Timothy Huggins
- Atari Jarrett
- Tina Jimmerson
- Frankie Melton
- Joseph Novotasky
- Dana Roark
- William Shuler
- Mary Beth Spry
- David Vierow
- Gwendolyn Watson
- Elizabeth Whitley
The Lamar Chapman Award, given to a faculty and staff member annually for their enthusiasm for their work, excellence in character, integrity, and credibility, and dedication of the development of a well-rounded student, was awarded to faculty member Dr. Bob Gaddis and staff member Carla LaPlaca.Also, the NGU Family welcomes fifteen new faculty members for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Kelechi Benet (’02) - Associate Professor of Communication
- Allison Bridges (’13) - Assistant Professor of Biology (NGU alum)
- Nancy Caukin - Professor of Education / Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs for the College of Education
- Carolyn Coates - Assistant Professor of PA Medicine / Director of Clinical Education
- David Entwistle - Distinguished Professor of Psychology
- Brad Hamlett - Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity and Computer Science / Director of the Center for Cybersecurity
- Nicholas Higgins - Associate Professor of Political Science / Chair of the Department of Political Science & Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
- Angela Horn-Barrett - Assistant Professor of Voice
- Martin Jones - Assistant Professor of Business Law and Ethics
- Randall King - Professor of Communication / Associate Dean of the School of Communication
- Jieun Lee - Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Sarah Little - Assistant Professor of Education / Assessment Coordinator
- Linda Parker - Assistant Professor of Education
- Jeremy Parks - Visiting Instructor of ASL
- Gary Rhoden - Director of Athletic Bands / Instructor of Music Education
NGU covets your prayers as this new school year will be filled with many feelings, expectations, fears, and hopes. In this time of uncertainty, Christ-centered education and transformational learners and leaders are needed more than ever.
To learn more about NGU and its nationally ranked undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs, visit ngu.edu/academics.
Governor McMaster Tells Graduates to 'Never Give Up'
"Always push yourself if you can't get others to push you," McMaster said.
President Fant Joined SC Congressional Delegation in Address to Faith Leaders in Washington, DC
Over 100 faith leaders attended.
Mykel Perdue: Outside The Box
Mykel says he’s the kind of person who likes to think outside the box. Or, in the case of his summer 2016 mission trip, he likes to think outside the walls.
SCBC Director to Speak at Commencement
University to award Harris honorary doctorate degree
Sparks Releases New Quiet-Music Album, ‘Hushabye’
His fifth album was created specifically to help listeners with relaxation, meditation, and sleep.
Dean Holland Honored for Dedicated Service to SCMEA
Holland recognized for 50 years of dedicated service to the improvement of quality music education in South Carolina.
B.S.U. Bluegrass Brand Anticipates New, Full-Length Album
"I had no idea when I came here that I'd be working with bluegrass. I was just trying to think of ways to connect with students," says Wes Brashier.
NGU Ranks in Top 25 Most Affordable Online Master's Degrees in Human Resources
SR Education Group provides this resource to help students find and compare affordable online graduate programs.