New Student Orientation
We are excited to welcome you to the North Greenville Family! It will not be long until your student will be heading to their new home for the next four years. We look forward to seeing you on campus for New Student Orientation August 17.
Family Weekend is a time for family members to spend the weekend with their student on campus. This year's Weekend has been scheduled for September 28-29, 2018. Click 'Learn More' below for the full weekend schedule.
This month, the prayer focus is "Calling." It is crucial that each student discover and develop the call of God on their lives. God has designed each person with a skill set that helps accomplish his purpose in the world. Discovering our calling allows one to connect their lives to the mission of God.
- Pray that each student would hear the call of God to salvation. We have several events planned throughout this month that will provide them the opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.
- Pray that each student would better understand The way God has design and how that affects his calling for them.
- Pray that every student would leverage their calling to reach the world with the gospel.
- Pray for the chapel services held every Monday and Wednesday at 10:00am. The chapel services are structured around particular topics that assist in the process of spiritual formation. Ask that God would empower each chapel speaker to effectively communicate God’s truth.
- Pray that faculty members would continue to utilize their specific disciplines to help shape the faith of students. Pray for Gospel-centered conversations between professors and students that will form their minds and hearts.
- Pray for the staff members of the Student Life area. Ask that God would continue to use them to help form the spiritual lives of students through all their areas of responsibility. A few of their responsibilities include student activities, student housing, student conduct and career development.
- Pray for NGU Athletics as they lead our student athletes. Thank God for administrators, staff, and coaches that prioritize spiritual growth among their players.
- Pray for the day-to-day choices and the moment-to-moment decisions our students will make. The importance of these cannot be overestimated.
- Pray to loosen the burden of running their own lives, our own lives, and that God may do the work He desires through each of us.
- Pray for physical and mental rest! I can promise you that your child is exhausted. Pray that they can settle into home again and enjoy the weeks with family and a change in routine.
- Pray that their time of recreation during the holiday will be re-creative so that they feel ready for the return in January for the spring semester.
As your student has finished this semester, they may be more assured or less assured that they are in the right major. Pray for good conversations and the wisdom to help guide them as this semester is moving them closer to the goal of future plans.
We hope that your Christmas holiday was wonderful! We are praying that your student felt excited to come back home to us at NGU! As they are beginning this new year and new semester, let's join together in praying for a fresh anticipation for the things that this year will hold.
Pray for that first day of class as your student is given a new syllabus. Instead of dread, pray that they feel energized over the assignments and projects that will be included their classes.
Pray that they will have favor with their professors. Our faculty love our students and long to see them succeed.
Pray for new friends as your student begins new classes.
Pray for them to get settled back into dorm life.
Parent Connection, published by the Office of Marketing and Communications, is a monthly e-newsletter just for parents of NGU undergraduate students. The purpose of the e-publication is to keep parents connected to campus life and events. Below is an archive of past e-newsletters.
We would love to hear from you! We want to give you the opportunity to share your valuable feedback with NGU to let us know how we can improve for future families. This information (which you have the option to submit anonymously) will be shared with various groups on campus, as we strive to improve our service to you and be a place where Christ makes the difference.