Department: Campus Safety and Security
Position Summary: The role of the Patrol Officer is to provide security and law enforcement to the property owned and operated by North Greenville University.
Supervising and policing of the properties owned and operated by North Greenville University.
- Preserve the peace by use of all lawful means, interceding without warrant when authorized by law to prevent or suppress crime.
- Patrol the campus or property assigned by the Shift Commander by vehicle and/or by foot.
- Respond to calls as assigned by dispatch or the Shift Commander.
- Write reports on all incidents as assigned on shift and submit for review by the Shift Commander.
- Provide service, information, and direction for the public as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the necessary technology and software to perform your duties for any given shift.
- Abide by all policies and procedures as mandated by the Shift Commander.
- Maintain a clean and organized work station and/or patrol vehicle.
- Obey all commands given by superiors as is reasonable unless in direct conflict with State or Federal Law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
High school diploma.
- Clear criminal and driving record required.
- One (1) year of security or safety experience strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of practices and techniques of safety, security, and fire protection.
Ability to act quickly and respond appropriately in a variety of situations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to assist with investigations such as accidents, disturbances, and violations.
- Ability to deal courteously and firmly with Faculty, Staff, students and general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a vehicle safely. Ability to lift 10 pounds routinely and to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions, including adverse conditions.
- Ability to work rotating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays when required to allow for proper security coverage for the campus.
- Ability to travel the service area as required to perform duties.
This position is a full-time position with the Office of Campus Safety and Security. The Patrol Officer reports directly to the Shift Command Lieutenant.
NGU Office of Campus Safety and Security operates 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year.
Occasional travel to our Greer campus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee. S/he will be required to
follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as
requested by his or her supervisor.
North Greenville University is a member of the South Carolina Baptist
Convention, and requires all faculty and staff to have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.