In partnership with Tree of Life Bookstores, North Greenville University offers all students a Textbook Butler service that automatically fulfills and delivers all of your required course materials directly to you before classes start.
1. Register: When you register for classes at NGU, TOL automatically receives your book order for all of the classes for which you sign up.
2. Set up payment: When payment plans for the semester are made available, you will be able to set up your payment plan for the semester by logging in to the My NGU portal, selecting the tab “Students” on the top menu, and clicking “Student Accounts” on the left-side menu that appears. On this “Student Accounts” page, you can set up a payment plan. For full-time undergraduates, traditional part-time undergraduates and NGU online your textbooks and course materials will be covered by a low fee per semester that is already included in your student payment. This service is also provided for graduate students for a low cost.
3. Manage your preferences: You can manage your account and textbook preferences; see when your rentals are due, or purchase more time; and access your digital course materials online by logging in to the My NGU portal and selecting the “Tree of Life” link to connect to the site.
4. Receive: Your books and required course materials (i.e. lab coats, art supplies, etc.) will be delivered to you before classes start.
- Residents, your textbooks and materials will be waiting for you in your room at move-in.
- Commuters, you can pick up your textbooks and materials before classes start at NGU’s Post Office.
- NGU Online and graduate students, your textbooks and materials will be sent to your preferred address.
5. Return: When class ends, simply return your books by their return due date to NGU’s University Store. Alternatively, you can log in to the My NGU portal and select the “Tree of Life” link to connect to the site. In the far-right column, click “Return Rentals.” Select the box next to each item you would like to return and click “Return Rentals” to generate a pre-paid shipping label you can use to return your materials to TOL for free.
- Full-Time Traditional Undergraduates – $425/semester
- Part-time Traditional Undergraduates - $30/credit hour
- NGU Online, and Graduate Students – $30/credit hour
This low fee will automatically be charged to your student account. Eligible financial aid may be used to cover this fee.
How are my textbooks provided?
All NGU students automatically receive their textbooks and required course materials through Tree of Life’s Textbook Butler program. Students are opted in to receive all of their textbooks, including consumable items like access codes and workbooks. Books may be provided as physical books or digital books, dependent on availability.
What will I receive from Tree of Life?
Any material adopted as required by your professor will be included in your textbook and material box from Tree of Life at the start of the semester.
I’m missing a book. What should I do?
First, check the packing list and see if that book appears in the “Items not in this shipment” section. If it does, check to see if that item says “Digital” next to it. If so, that is a digital item accessible by logging into the My NGU portal, connecting to the Tree of Life site, and selecting the “My Course Materials” link. If the item says “Rental” or “Purchase” next to it, that item will come in a separate box.
What happens if I add or drop a class?
When a class is added, TOL will automatically fulfill the order. For a dropped class, contact TOL’s Customer Support within seven (7) days of the start of classes for return authorization to avoid a non-return fee.
How do I access digital items?
Once available, digital eBooks are accessible by logging into the My NGU portal, connecting to the Tree of Life site, and selecting the “My Course Materials” link. An email notification will be sent that indicates when a digital eBook is available. (It may come after a physical shipment has gone out.)
What if I prefer ONLY physical items?
NGU has partnered with Tree of Life to provide the most affordable course materials as a standard for every student. This will include digital eBook rentals if they are more affordable than physical rentals. However, if you prefer to receive only physical/printed course materials, TOL offers an option that will guarantee that unless an item is exclusively available digitally, you will receive physical rentals. You can change your fulfillment preference by logging into the My NGU portal, selecting “Tree of Life” to connect to its site, and clicking on the “My Account Preferences” section. Select the option “Print Upgrade.” TOL will automatically substitute your course materials to physical rentals when possible. The Print Upgrade costs an additional charge of $9.99/credit hour enrolled. This fee is only applied if you want ONLY physical material instead of a mix of digital and physical material.
Do I need to return books when I’m done?
Yes. Textbooks are considered rentals and are due back at the end of each class to ensure you are not charged a non-return fee by TOL. When class ends, simply return your books by their return due date to NGU’s University Store. Alternatively, you can log in to the My NGU portal and select the “Tree of Life” link to connect to the site. In the far-right column, click “Return Rentals.” Select the box next to each item you would like to return and click “Return Rentals” to generate a pre-paid shipping label you can use to return your materials to TOL for free.
What if I want to keep one of my rental books?
If you wish to keep a rental book, Tree of Life will offer an equitable buyout for your book. Log in to the My NGU portal, and select the “Tree of Life” link to connect to the site. Next, click the middle column “My Course Materials.” On this page, you can view the buyout options for any of your current rental books. Tree of Life will automatically charge your student account for the difference between your rental fee and their assessment of the book’s value.
What if I want to opt out of Tree of Life and buy books on my own?
Each NGU student is automatically opted in to receive their textbooks and course materials from Tree of Life. If you wish to opt out of this Textbook Butler Service, log in to the My NGU portal, and select the “Students” tab. Click on the “Forms and Information” link. From there, you will find the "Opt Out form for Tree Of Life Butler" under Important Forms. Once you have opted out of Tree of Life, you will be responsible for purchasing your own textbooks and course materials. Students may opt out of the program no later than one week after the start of class. Any books already shipped will need to immediately be returned to ToL. Please note that a student may miss out on important course materials by opting out of ToL. If you opt out of the program and decide you want to opt back into the program, you may do so at any time by contacting the ToL Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I have questions not answered here?
Contact Tree of Life’s Customer Support for help with any additional questions you may have.