The Center for Student Success (CSS) offers free tutoring services designed to encourage and equip students to be successful in their courses. Students can sign up for peer-to-peer tutoring sessions, tutoring labs (for limited courses) and athletic study hall.
Peer tutors are NGU students that have been carefully selected based on the recommendation of faculty members. Tutors are trained to assist students with:
- Increasing understanding in a particular subject
- Reviewing text or lecture material
- Understanding assignments
- Preparing for a test
- General study skills, organization, time management, note-taking, and test-taking strategies
CSS is now offering individual tutoring - ONLINE! We are pleased to introduce you to the NGU Virtual Tutoring Service.
- You will need to book your appointment through Schedulicity, under the ‘Academic Contingency Plan Virtual Tutoring Hours’ category
- All tutoring will take place via the Microsoft Teams application
- You can download the app on your iPhone, Android, computer, or use the web browser
- You will login using your NGU credentials
- Your tutor will call you through Teams at your designated time
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions as you navigate this new resource.
Peer-to-Peer tutoring sessions are one-on-one tutoring opportunities that require an appointment.
Tutoring lab sessions are group tutoring opportunities that DO NOT require an appointment. Students will be able to meet with peer tutors in a group setting at specific times every week, according to the schedule below (schedule will be published during the first two weeks of the semester):
- Biology/Chemistry Tutoring Lab
- Location: Averyt-Wood 204
- Monday/Wednesday 6:30p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Walk-ins welcome, you must reserve your spot under ‘Workshops’
- Language Tutoring Lab
- Location: Brissie Suite
- By Appointment, be sure to book under “Language Lab” category
- Math Tutoring Lab
- Location: Admin 200
- Monday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Physics Tutoring Lab
- Writing Center
- Location: Brissie Suite
- By Appointment, be sure to book under “Writing Center” category
Students may schedule 30-minute or 60-minute appointments with a peer tutor for individual help by visiting our appointment site, and following the steps below:
- Visit our appointment page
- Find the course/subject for which you would like tutoring
- Click the blue “Add to Visit” box
- Choose a tutor
- Choose a day and time the tutor is available
- Confirm and create your account
- Once you have completed the appointment request, the tutor will be notified of your request and will reach out to you to confirm the location of your meeting
If you do not see your course subject listed, send a request for a tutor for that subject to Alicia Hyatt via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer tutors are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA, earning a B or higher in the courses they desire to tutor, as well as obtain a faculty recommendation. If you are interested in serving as a tutor, please complete the Tutor Information Form Below or contact Alicia Hyatt at email@example.com.