E. F. Averyt/Paul and Mildred Wood Learning Center
The original building was erected in 1973-74. Averyt-Wood houses the Hester Memorial Library, the Miller Bible Museum, the college archives and the Art Department with a twelve classroom annex constructed in 1998-99.
Crain Science Building
Crain is a two-story structure completed in 1962 and houses classrooms and laboratories for chemistry, physical science, biology, physics, math, and elementary education. This building is named for Dr. J. Dean Crain, former principal of the academy.
Donnan Administration Building
Erected in 1954-55, Donnan stands in the center of campus. It contains classrooms and administrative offices. This building is named in honor of Dr. M. C. Donnan, who was principal of the academy from 1928 until the institution became a college in 1934. He was the first college president and served until 1962.
Foster Education Center
Foster opened in 1965 as a functional air-conditioned student activities building. It contained game rooms, conference rooms, lounges, and a snack bar. The building is named for Mrs. A. J. Foster of Columbia, South Carolina. The building was renovated for use by the Education Division and other academic programs in 2005.
Hester Memorial Library
At the heart of the center and of the academic program at North Greenville University is the Hester Memorial Library. The library’s collections include over 60,000 volumes of books and over 536 current periodical subscriptions, 1168 videos, and 1600 music recordings on CD.
Miller Bible Museum
The Miller Bible Museum contains a collection of rare printed Bibles, language Bibles, and artifacts that illustrate the historical development of the written Word of God.
Neves Academic Hall
Neves is located on the west side of the administration building. The building is a memorial to Mr. B. F. Neves who gave the original site for the school. The original part of this building was erected in 1943, and new wings were built in 1973. A second addition was completed in 1996. This addition provided extra dining space for 150 people, which increased seating capacity by 50 percent. Mr. Paul J. and Mrs. Mildred M. Wood of Tigerville, South Carolina funded the second addition. The lower level contains an additional classroom, a dark room, and a three dimensional art studio. In 2006-07, the building was renovated and converted to an academic building with faculty offices and classrooms.
The old schoolhouse was moved from its original location to North Tigerville Road in 2006. The building has been renovated and is now home to the Theatre department, and is adjacent to the Billingsley Theatre, which will have its dedication and inaugural performance in the Fall of 2010.
The oldest building on campus, White Hall was named in honor of the Reverend L. B. White. It was renovated in 1992 and now houses faculty offices.
Worship & Fine Arts Centers
The Joe Frank and Eleanor Hayes Christian Fine Arts Center
Completed in 2001, Hayes provides studios, classrooms, choir room, music library, band rehearsal hall, and the 250-seat Carolyn G. Hamlin Recital Hall. Joe and Eleanor Hayes, Dan and Martha Boling, and other friends and alumni of the university funded the center.
Joe Frank and Eleanor Hayes Ministry Center
Erected in 1996, the Hayes Ministry Center houses the Paul E. Moore Hall, William F. Bishop Baptist Student Union Office Suite, and the Thomas C. “Nap” Vandiver Suite sponsored by Carolina First Bank, which accommodates Admissions and Financial Aid. Ms. Laura Wood Messer gave a carillon in loving memory of her mother, Mrs. Helen Roberts Wood, beloved wife of Mr. T. Pralo Wood. Hymns are played from the top of the center and can be enjoyed for miles by the Tigerville community. The center was funded by Mr. Joe F. and Mrs. Eleanor Hayes, family and friends of Mr. Paul E. Moore, the South Carolina Baptist Convention in honor of Mr. William F. Bishop, and Carolina First Bank in honor of Mr. “Nap” Vandiver.
Eddie Runion Creative Arts Center
Runion was previously the old Roe General Store and was renovated by funding from Kathy Runion Varner and family in memory of Mr. Eddie Runion. It is the home for a Carolina First Bank branch and Einstein Bros. Bagels. It also provides space for the Art Department.
The Studio at Ole 414
Ole 414 was built in 2008 as phase one of the Village at Tigerville and houses ceramic and sculpture classes and gallery for the creative art degree program. Ms. Zelda Rosti funded the building in memory of her husband Earl K. Rosti.
Turner Chapel and Music Building
Erected in 1957-58, Turner provides studios and practice rooms for music students, as well as classroom space for theater students. The chapel will seat approximately 1600 and fills a great need in the life of the university, especially for regular chapel services, theater productions, and commencement activities. The chapel is named in honor of Mr. R. P. Turner of Greer, a benefactor and friend of the university. A lobby, restrooms, and additional seating were added in 1998. A second expansion to accommodate additional seating, eight stained glass windows, and the installation of the N.Q. and Martha M. Cline Pipe Organ was completed in 2001.
Student & University Services Facilities
Elton & Doris Todd Dining Hall &
Jacks and Deborah Tingle Student Life Center
This large complex was completed in 2005. This 52,000 sq. ft. facility seats 1,200 students for dining and includes the Edna Hartness Presidential Dining Room on the upper level. The lower level is the Student Life Center which houses the Helen R. Wood Post Office, ’63-’64 Grill, the Ward Family Bookstore, the George Bomar Mass Communication Department, and the Neb Cline Office Suite for Campus Ministry and Student Services Departments. Also, the Cline Suite includes the Patt McCaskill Fero music and conference room.
NGU's medical and health facility, contains examination and treatment rooms, in-patient beds, and an apartment. The clinic is named for Miss Elsie Tuttle, member of the North Greenville College faculty for many years.
Cothran Maintenance Building
This facility was named for Mr. Grange Cothran, former director of college properties. Cothran was completed in 1974 and houses the mechanical workshop, electrical supplies, other maintenance equipment and supplies, utility rooms, and office space.
Cooper Apartments & Campus Security Office
This facility is used for staff and student housing and campus security offices. Cooper is named in honor of Miss Harlee Cooper, who served the college as a teacher for many years.
North Greenville University’s Athletic Complex
The complex includes the Melvin & Dollie Younts Stadium, Fogle Field surrounded by a 3,500 seat football stadium, Hewlett & Lucile Sullivan President’s Box, Mitchell visitor’s center, Hendrix field house and Pepsi soccer stadium which was completed in fall of 2005. The athletic complex upon completion will include two football practice fields, two soccer fields, four softball diamonds, and twelve tennis courts.
The Joe F. Hayes Gymnasium
Hayes is named for a trustee and businessman from Travelers Rest, was erected in 1950 to provide facilities for physical education classes and is the center of the athletic program. It was completely remodeled in 1976, and the seating for athletic contests was increased. An outdoor swimming pool was added in the summer of 1965. The pool is used both for instruction and recreation.
Forrest M. and Marie H. Younts Fitness & Wellness Center
Younts is named in memory of the parents of Mr. Melvin K. Younts of Fountain Inn, South Carolina, was constructed in 1989. This building houses the Ralph Hendricks office suite for the coaching staff, weight room, and fitness and wellness equipment.
Simpson Residence Hall
Simpson was completed in 1961. It provides housing for 56 females. The hall is comprised of suites for four girls, with a bath for each suite, as well as parlor space. Coin-operated laundry facilities are available. This building is named for Dr. L. K. Simpson, former principal of the academy.
Howard Residence Hall
Howard was completed in 1963. The suites are designed to accommodate four females and each suite has a bath. It was named for H. J. Howard, who served as dean of the college for many years. Rooms for 12 additional females were added in 1995.
Men’s Residence Lodges
NGU maintains seven freestanding units, each housing 24 male students. The lodges were completed in 1982. An additional unit contains an apartment and laundry facilities. The air-conditioned, two-story units have suites with a shared central lounge on each floor.
Trustee and Self Residence Halls
These buildings were completed in 1985. They are modern facilities which house 40 female students. The air-conditioned, two-story units have a central lounge, study area, and laundry facility. The units were funded by major gifts from present and former trustees and from the Self Foundation in Greenwood, South Carolina.
Bruce Residence Hall
Completed in the summer of 1970, Bruce houses 112 men. It is a three-story residence hall built in suites with a bath for each suite. The building is air-conditioned and has a lounge area on the second floor. It is named for Charles V. Bruce, who was a member of the North Greenville College administration from 1949 to 1981.
Leucretia Pace Anthony Residence Hall
Built in 1996, Anthony Hall houses 24 students. The air-conditioned, two-story unit has a central lounge, study area, and laundry facility. Mr. and Mrs. James B. Anthony and the Cliffs Communities funded the unit.
Nesbitt Q. and Martha M. Cline Residence Hall
Erected in 1996, Cline houses 24 students. The air-conditioned, two-story unit has a central lounge, study area, and laundry facility. Mr. Nesbitt and Mrs. Martha Cline, owners of The Cline Company in Greenville, South Carolina, funded the unit.
The Arnold E. and Pauline H. Emery Residence Hall
Emery Hall was completed in 2000. This facility features two residence halls under one roof to accommodate 64 students. The air-conditioned, two-story unit offers a central lounge, study area and laundry facility. This unit was funded and named in honor of Dr. Arnold (96) and Pauline Emery of Campobello, South Carolina.
Tom and Edna Hartness Residence HallThe Greg Horton and Neal and Doris Tingle Residence Hall
Completed in 1996, Hartness houses 24 students. The air-conditioned, two story unit has a central lounge, study area, and laundry facility. The unit was named in honor of the Tom and Edna Hartness family.
Completed in 1997, Tingle features two residence halls under one roof to accommodate 68 students. The air-conditioned, two-story unit offers a laundry facility. This unit was named in memory and honor of the Horton and Tingle families.
Dr. Marshall H. and Georgia T. Roberson Residence Hall
Roberson was completed in 2002. This facility features two residence halls under one roof to accommodate 64 students. The air-conditioned, two story unit offers a central lounge, study area and laundry facility. This unit was funded and named in memory of Dr. Marshall Hoke Roberson and in honor of Georgia T. Roberson of Anderson, South Carolina
Dr. James A. and Mrs. Ruth H. Howard Residence Hall
Built in 1996, Howard houses 24 students. The air-conditioned, two-story unit has a central lounge, study area, and laundry facility. The unit was funded by the late Dr. James and Mrs. Ruth Howard of Landrum, South Carolina.
Crusader CourtThomas C. “Nap” Vandiver Residence Hall
Crusader Court consists of nineteen duplexes. Each unit was designed to house married families with every fourth unit housing a retired minister or missionary. Each unit offers a bath and kitchen. The A. Lynn and Elizabeth T. King First Baptist Church Simpsonville Duplex was built in 2004 by members of First Baptist Church, Simpsonville. A laundry unit for students was added in 2007.
Vandiver was completed in 2005 and houses 72 female students. The air-conditioned, two-story unit has a central lounge, study area and laundry facility. Nap Vandiver and Carolina First Bank funded this facility.
Charles & Lula Martin Family Residence HallBrashier Residence Hall
Martin is a 72 bed residence hall which was constructed in 2008 for female resident students. The air-conditioned, two-story unit has a central lounge, study area and laundry facility.
Brashier was completed in 1973 as Brashier Apartments and was remodeled in 2004. The two-story, 12-unit complex is situated on the southwest corner of the central campus and faces Highway 414 and the Melvin & Dollie Younts Stadium. The residence hall is air-conditioned and has hardwood floors. Brashier Hall was a gift from Mr. T. Walter Brashier, Greenville businessman and Southern Baptist evangelist.
NGU maintains several cottages built primarily for the use of married students. Most of these were built through donations from churches and individuals. Apartments or cottages are available for married students to rent at a minimal cost. Many of these apartments were made possible by funds received from Mrs. A. J. Foster of Columbia, South Carolina.
Wood consists of three houses used for men’s housing. The Roper Mountain House was donated by Roper Mountain Baptist Church in Greenville.
West Crain Drive
West Crain consists of three houses, two donated by Hanson Rock Quarry. An additional house from main campus will also be moved to this location and renovated.
Two duplexes on Tigerville Road housing 12 male students.