Christ-centered. Biblically faithful. Academically excellent. Mission-focused.
Our Guiding Principles
North Greenville University took a look back at its storied 125-year history and what it can be in its future. A set of fundamental beliefs or core values have been defined that will be the guiding principles to dictate behavior and keep the school on the right path. Those values are: Christ-Centered, Biblically Faithful, Academically Excellent, and Mission-Focused.
These core values will combine to equip transformational leaders for church and society and give us a solid foundation for our work. More than anything they help us understand that we are a part of something significant.
Values That Lead the Way
- Christ: Lord, Savior, Fully God and Fully Man
- Centered: Having a specified subject as the most important or focal element
NGU exists to build transformational leaders for church and society. If Christ is not the center, our university has no true reason to exist.
- Bible: Inspired by God, profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness
- Faithful: True to the facts, to a standard
NGU is a contemporary representation of the unchanging truths of God’s unchanging Word. Our university aligns itself with biblical standards and authority.
- Academic: Based on formal study
- Excellent: Eminently good
NGU offers programs of learning designed to wholly honor God with our minds, producing graduates who think critically and communicate clearly.
- Mission: A specific task a group is charged to pursue
- Focus: Adjustment for distinct vision
NGU has a distinct mission to glorify God by cultivating graduates who are equipped to serve as transformational leaders for church and society.