Mike Landrum, MDivProgram Director, Youth Ministry
Unit: Christian Studies
"Making disciples demands that I spend more time with fewer people, who through life investment multiply themselves."
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Youth Ministry.
- BA, Religious Education, Gardner-Webb University
- MDiv, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
My experience includes twenty-four years as a church youth pastor, teaching Adjunct for five years at the University level, full-time teaching since 2002, and 14 plus Interim Youth Pastor positions.
“The Adults Teenagers Need: The Implications” in Transforming Student Ministry: Research Calling for Change. Lifeway Press, 2005.
“Should Youth Ministry Disciple our Children?” Baptist Courier. January 2016.
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- Dr. Richard Ross, J. M. Price Chair of Religious Education & Professor Student Ministry, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Dr. Allan Jackson, Youth Education & Collegiate Ministry Professor, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Senior Pastor Dunwoody Baptist, Atlanta, Georgia
- Dr. Dave Odom, Associate Professor of Youth Ministry, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- Dr. Paul Kelley, Chair, Educational Leadership, Gateway Baptist Theological Seminary
- Dr. Robert Shaw, Pastor, Garden City Chapel
- Dr. Karen Jones, Professor Ministry and Missions, Director of MA in Ministry Program, Huntington University
- Roger Glidewell, President, Global Youth Ministry
- Bryant Laird, Associate Director of Youth Ministry, South Carolina Baptist Convention
God used three people through the bus ministry of Flomich Ave. Baptist Church in Daytona Beach to begin my spiritual journey. For many months I sought to know “God’s will” for my life. The search led me to respond to God’s call to vocational ministry, more specifically youth ministry. Circumstance, opportunity, and seasons of life were used by the Lord to move me into the role of preparing the next generations of youth pastors to answer God’s call upon their lives.
Favorite Course to Teach:
Intro to Youth Ministry, Crisis Issues in Youth Ministry, and Evangelism & Discipleship in Youth Ministry
- Related Links