If you’re a current senior at NGU looking for information about your upcoming graduation, then you’ve come to the right place! This page of our website outlines the steps for applying for graduation, as well as the essential information you’ll need leading up to this big milestone.
We at North Greenville University are excited to celebrate your graduation with you, and we hope this will be an enjoyable season for you.
Please read all of the following information and take the necessary steps to ensure a smooth graduation process for you and your loved ones.
Apply to graduate
- Attain senior status by completing 90 cumulative credit hours.
- Once you attain senior status, fill in and submit your Graduation
Application within your student portal. The application can be located under Forms & Information.
- Check your email for confirmation from the
Academic Records Office that your application has been received.
Note: Completion of classes for your major prior to your final semester may impact financial aid availability. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you apply for graduation upon attaining senior status. If schedule changes are made during the semester, then make sure the changes are approved by your academic advisor and the Academic Records Office, as changes made during your final semester could delay your graduation date. Transcripts for transfer credit (i.e. credits that have not been posted to your NGU transcript yet) must be received in the Academic Records Office prior to graduation.
University policy mandates that all anticipated graduates must apply to graduate no later than the specified dates below:
- Final Deadline for December Graduation: August 1
- Final Deadline for May Graduation: December 1
- Late applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and graduation may be delayed.
- A late fee may be incurred for late applications.
Prepare to Graduate
1. Pay your graduation fee once billed. Your graduation fee includes your diploma and regalia, and will be added to your student account and required, regardless of graduation day plans. Graduate Program: $185; Undergraduates: $170.
2. Clear any other holds on your NGU account. In addition to your graduation fee, these must be paid before you can pick up your cap and gown.
3. Order your graduation supplies — such as your announcements and class ring — during Jostens’ on-campus visit or at Jostens.com.
4. Take the quick Senior Exit Survey to let us know how we can keep improving. Everyone who completes the survey will have the chance to win free NGU merch. (optional)
5. Pick up your regalia.
- Undergraduates (Tigerville and Online) – (Tigerville and Online) The pick-up date for your cap and gown is Monday, April 27, 2020, from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Pat McCaskill Fero Music and Conference Room located in the Tingle Student Center. If you cannot pick-up on this date, the next pickup date will be Friday, May 1, 2020 in Academic Records (2nd Floor Donnan)
- Graduate school graduates – Contact Suzanne.email@example.com for pick-up details.
6. Attend the Senior Send Off - Details TBA
7. Graduation rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 1 at Younts Stadium; Time TBA
1. On graduation day, get dressed and ready for the commencement ceremony.
- Male graduates – Wear a white dress shirt and dark dress pants, along with dark shoes with dark socks.
- Female graduates – Wear a dress or black
dress pants with a nice shirt and dress shoes. Flats are best; heels must be wedges. NO SPIKE HEELS PERMITTED on field.
- All graduates – We cannot allow graduates who are wearing improper shoes (flip-flops, tennis shoes, spiked heels) or no shoes to walk at graduation. Please save all crazy footwear for your after-party.
2. Take your place in line in the visitor stands at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2020.
3. When your name is called, walk across the stage and receive that diploma you’ve worked so hard for!
These are the current event details for the Spring 2020 commencement celebration:
Friday, May 1, 2020
Melvin and Dollie Younts Stadium
North Greenville University
7801 N. Tigerville Rd.
Tigerville, SC 29688
Gates open at 6:00 p.m. - No tickets required for Younts Stadium. Each graduate will receive three tickets for use at Turner Chapel in the event of inclement weather.
Rehearsal Time for Graduation is Friday, May 1 at Younts Stadium; time TBA.
Senior Send Off Celebration - Details TBA
Updates and Changes
Graduates should check their NGU email and bookmark this webpage for graduation updates throughout the semester.
If special circumstances exist which will prevent your participation in the graduation ceremony, then please inform the Academic Records at (864) 977-7009 or email Tina Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of inclement weather, please refer to the NGU Home Page for venue updates.
Grad Images will take three photographs of every graduate at the ceremony. Proofs will be sent to the home address or email of each graduating student.
A group photo will also be taken on graduation day of both the undergraduates and the graduate students. The group photo time is 6:15 p.m., with the graduate school being photographed first.
To receive a 20 percent discount (for orders of $50 or more), you can pre-register for NGU’s graduation photos on the GradImages website.
If you graduated with previous classes at NGU, then you may still order graduation photographs by contacting the corresponding event photographer for your class:
- May 2013 graduates or earlier – Chip Sloan Photography
- Fall 2013 through Spring 2015 graduates – Phil Hyman Photography
- Fall 2015 graduates to the present – GradImages
You may order a DVD of the entire commencement ceremony at graduation rehearsal or on graduation day at the ceremony for $20. Orders taken after the day of graduation will increase to $25 per DVD.
Seniors, it’s been our pleasure to serve you at NGU and help prepare you for everything God is calling you to do for His kingdom. We take our work seriously, and we care about learning how to do it even better — for you and future NGU students. So please take a few minutes to share your feedback by completing this quick Senior Exit Survey.