If you’re a current senior at NGU looking for information about your upcoming graduation, then you’ve come to the right place! This page of our website outlines the steps for applying for graduation, as well as the essential information you’ll need leading up to this big milestone.
We at North Greenville University are excited to celebrate your graduation with you, and we hope this will be an enjoyable season for you.
Please read all of the following information and take the necessary steps to ensure a smooth graduation process for you and your loved ones.
Apply to graduate
- Attain senior status by completing 90 cumulative credit hours.
- Once you attain senior status, fill in and submit your Graduation
Application within your student portal. The application can be located under Forms & Information.
- Check your email for confirmation from the
Academic Records Office that your application has been received.
Note: Completion of classes for your major prior to your final semester may impact financial aid availability. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you apply for graduation upon attaining senior status. If schedule changes are made during the semester, then make sure the changes are approved by your academic advisor and the Academic Records Office, as changes made during your final semester could delay your graduation date. Transcripts for transfer credit (i.e. credits that have not been posted to your NGU transcript yet) must be received in the Academic Records Office prior to graduation.
University policy mandates that all anticipated graduates must apply to graduate no later than the specified dates below:
- Final Deadline for December Graduation: August 1
- Final Deadline for May Graduation: December 1
- Late applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and graduation may be delayed.
- A late fee may be incurred for late applications.
Prepare to Graduate
1. Pay your graduation fee once billed. Your graduation fee includes your diploma and regalia, and will be added to your student account and required, regardless of graduation day plans. Graduate Program: $200; Undergraduates: $195.
2. Clear any other holds on your NGU account. In addition to your graduation fee, these must be paid before you can pick up your cap and gown.
3. Order your graduation supplies — such as your announcements and class ring — during Jostens’ on-campus visit or at Jostens.com.
4. Pick up your regalia - additional information
1. On graduation day, get dressed and ready for the commencement ceremony.
- Male graduates – Wear a white dress shirt and dark dress pants, along with dark shoes with dark socks.
- Female graduates – Wear a dress or black
dress pants with a nice shirt and dress shoes. For outdoor ceremony, flats are best; heels must be wedges. No spike heels permitted on the football field.
- All graduates – We cannot allow graduates who are wearing improper
shoes (flip-flops, tennis shoes, spiked heels or no shoes) to walk at
2. Take your place in Turner Chapel
3. When your name is called, walk across the stage!
Grad Images will take photographs of every graduate at the ceremony. Proofs will be sent to the home address or email of each graduating student.
To receive a 20 percent discount (for orders of $50 or more), you can pre-register for NGU’s graduation photos on the GradImages website.
If you graduated with previous classes at NGU, then you may still order graduation photographs by contacting the corresponding event photographer for your class: