Men's Golf Takes Top Spot in Conference Championships
Evan Gfeller and Seth Robertson battled for the league’s individual title on Tuesday, in turn leading the Crusaders to their first-ever Conference Carolinas championship in men’s golf.
- Team Score: 288 / 291 / 304 (883)
- Top Individuals: Evan Gfeller (72 / 69 / 75 – 216)
Top Individuals: Seth Robertson (72 / 74/ 70 - 216)
- Location: Cutter Creek Country Club (Snow Hill, North Carolina)
- Host: Barton College
How it Happened
- Gfeller and Robertson finished the day tied for second place, finishing the three-day event with 216 total strokes.
- Gfeller finished wrapped up the week with a 75 while Robertson tacked on a 74. Robertson shot a 72 and 70 during the first two rounds. The low round of the tournament belonged to Gfeller who carded a 69 on Monday.
- Chase Fisher finished the week in a tie for 11th place after carding the lowest day three round of any NGU golfer. Fisher shot a 73 in his final round and finished with a total of 224.
- Austin Duncan finished tied for 14th, capping his tournament with an 82. He finished with a three day total of 227.
- Josiah Ledford rounded out North Greenville’s scores with an 83 in his final trip. Ledford finished the tournament in 39th with a total of 243.
Top Five Teams
- North Greenville
- Barton College
- Limestone College
- Belmont Abbey College
- Southern Wesleyan
Top Individual Finishes
- Eric Shea – 215 [Southern Wesleyan]
- Evan Gfeller – 216 [North Greenville]
Seth Robertson – 216 [North Greenville]
- Nick Stafford – 217 [Belmont Abbey]
- Will Woodard – 220 [Limestone College]
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders now have their sites on a national championship as they gear up for the NCAA Southeast Regional hosted by Lenoir-Rhyne in May.
Finding Your Voice
Through interdis, Bruce gives students tools to do that unique thing only they can do.
Ignite Conference Sparks New School Year
Pray that many students will respond to the gospel and be encouraged in their faith.
NGU to Combine Colleges of Mass Communication & Fine Arts
Dr. Webster F. (Web) Drake named new College founding dean.
Kickin' Cancer Goodbye Event Hosted by NGU
Kickin’ Cancer Goodbye to raise funds for the Greenville Cancer Society and honor local cancer survivors.
NGU Graduate Named Semifinalist for 2016 National Student Auditions
Recent graduate Steven Bates to advance to national semifinals of the 2016 NATS National Student Auditions.
Heading to The College Campus? Be Sure to Pack These Five Skills
5 traits Alex McFarland is convinced every student must cultivate within themselves to thrive at college.
New Facility Added to Athletic Complex
Facility features customized Sorinex strength and weightlifting equipment
NGU to Host Write2Ignite! Conference
The conference for Christian Writers of Literature for Children and Young Adults to hold its annual writers’ conference at NGU.