Men's Golf Takes Top Spot in Conference Championships
Evan Gfeller and Seth Robertson battled for the league’s individual title on Tuesday, in turn leading the Crusaders to their first-ever Conference Carolinas championship in men’s golf.
- Team Score: 288 / 291 / 304 (883)
- Top Individuals: Evan Gfeller (72 / 69 / 75 – 216)
Top Individuals: Seth Robertson (72 / 74/ 70 - 216)
- Location: Cutter Creek Country Club (Snow Hill, North Carolina)
- Host: Barton College
How it Happened
- Gfeller and Robertson finished the day tied for second place, finishing the three-day event with 216 total strokes.
- Gfeller finished wrapped up the week with a 75 while Robertson tacked on a 74. Robertson shot a 72 and 70 during the first two rounds. The low round of the tournament belonged to Gfeller who carded a 69 on Monday.
- Chase Fisher finished the week in a tie for 11th place after carding the lowest day three round of any NGU golfer. Fisher shot a 73 in his final round and finished with a total of 224.
- Austin Duncan finished tied for 14th, capping his tournament with an 82. He finished with a three day total of 227.
- Josiah Ledford rounded out North Greenville’s scores with an 83 in his final trip. Ledford finished the tournament in 39th with a total of 243.
Top Five Teams
- North Greenville
- Barton College
- Limestone College
- Belmont Abbey College
- Southern Wesleyan
Top Individual Finishes
- Eric Shea – 215 [Southern Wesleyan]
- Evan Gfeller – 216 [North Greenville]
Seth Robertson – 216 [North Greenville]
- Nick Stafford – 217 [Belmont Abbey]
- Will Woodard – 220 [Limestone College]
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders now have their sites on a national championship as they gear up for the NCAA Southeast Regional hosted by Lenoir-Rhyne in May.
Fant's First Year
It’s official: Dr. Gene C. Fant, Jr., has wrapped up his first year as president at North Greenville University! Wondering what NGU’s been up to since he arrived?
Alumnus McGaha Aiming to Visit Every Cook Out
He knocked out his 100th Cook Out in Wilmington, NC, the 32nd location of a 48-hour tour last November.
ODEL Student Head Coaches Growing Climbing Team
NGU senior Madison Gregory leads Climb Upstate’s Junior Rock Climbing Team as it continues to expand.
Kickin' Cancer Goodbye Event Hosted by NGU
Kickin’ Cancer Goodbye to raise funds for the Greenville Cancer Society and honor local cancer survivors.
Briggs Named Dean of New College of Wellness & Sport Professions
College to include sport management, physical education, and outdoor leadership.
NGU's Mountain Laurel Introduces 'Voices'
The journal highlights student work in art and literature which reflects the theme of voices.
Master Drummer Performs With NGU African Percussion Ensemble
Bolo captivates audience
Back To School
New student orientation begins today