To apply for financial aid, please make sure you have your relevant financial information on hand. This will ensure a simpler, smoother NGU application process for you.
NEW STUDENTS & TRANSFER STUDENTS
You must be accepted by the Office of Adult and Graduate Admissions and complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the upcoming school year.
- The NGU Financial Aid Office will receive your FAFSA electronically within 48 hours.
- New Students: Once your financial aid package is complete, you will receive a financial aid award letter in your email. Please register for your MyFinAid account at http://myfinaid.ngu.edu
- Current Students: Once your financial aid package is complete, you will receive a financial aid award letter in your email. Please register for your MyFinAid account at http://myfinaid.ngu.edu
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING FOR FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
To complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you should complete the following steps:
Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and complete the FAFSA. Please enter NGU's school code 003441. Please select "LINK TO IRS" when submitting the tax information for both the student and parents. This will automatically enter the tax information from the IRS.
For SC Residents- In order to receive the S.C. Tuition Grant, your FAFSA must be received by the U.S. Department of Education no later than June 30th this year.
Beginning with the 2017-18 school year, North Greenville University students will be required to "accept" or "decline" their financial aid award package. Students will use MyFinAid Portal to view their financial aid information and interact with the NGU Financial Aid Office. Students will also have the ability to change loan amounts through this portal and view/obtain missing documents.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO SETUP YOUR ACCOUNT AND BEGIN THIS SIMPLE PROCESS:
- Please visit: https://myfinaid.ngu.edu
- Click "First Time User" link (which is underneath the login box)
- Activate your account
- If you are an international student, you must contact our office for special login instructions
- Once account is activated, go back to the home screen and login
- Click "Accept Awards" and accept/decline your financial aid and submit
- If you are awarded loans, you can change the amount of loans and submit your request
The NGU Financial Aid Office will be notified of your response electronically. Please submit any missing documents that are needed to complete your file. If you have any questions or you experience technical issues, please contact the NGU Financial Office at (864) 977-7056 or email@example.com.
Martin Timothy Brashier Scholars
The Martin Timothy Brashier Scholars program was created to provide scholarships to residents of the upstate of South Carolina or previous graduates of North Greenville University who are pursuing degree programs outlined below through the Tim Brashier Campus at Greer. The scholarship will be awarded at the rate of one credit hour per course for the first 12 hours of enrollment. For example, a new MBA student enrolled for 6 hours in the fall and 6 hours in the spring, a total of 12 hours at $450 per hour, will receive $1800 in scholarship assistance.