Fabio Parrini, MMProfessor, Music
Unit: Music, College of Communication and Fine Arts
"Our all-Steinway school strives to prepare dedicated and enthusiastic musicians. I count myself lucky to be working with colleagues who support that agenda and with students who respond with tenacity and courage."
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Applied Piano, Piano Literature, Piano Pedagogy, Music Appreciation, and Chamber Ensemble.
- Piano Diploma, Conservatory of Padua (Italy)
- MM, Boston University Artist Diploma, Boston University
My experience includes:
- Philadelphia International Music Festival
- Peace Chamber Music Workshop (Greenville)
- Conservatories of Padua, Adria, and Castelfranco Veneto (Italy)
- Honors Summer Program at the Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities (Greenville)
- Master classes in SC, CA, TX, MA, TN, MS, KS
- Live broadcasts
- Solo recitals
- Chamber music
- Collaborations with orchestras, choirs, summer festivals, and opera productions
I released five albums (3 as solo pianist and 2 in collaboration with violinist Eun-Sun Lee) including selections by Vivaldi, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Schumann, Brahms, Massenet, Rachmaninov, Kreisler, Prokofiev, Stravinsky, Zwilich.
Live recordings of my work with the chamber group Pan Harmonia and with other colleagues can also be found online.
- Multiple piano competition prizes
- Fulbright Fellowship
- Dean’s Scholar Award, Boston University
- Kahn Career Entry Award
- Multiple recording grants, Metropolitan Arts Council and NGU
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes former classmates and students of mine who have become professors and administrators themselves, in Italy and across the US.
NGU, the Conservatory of Padua, Boston University, the Greenville Symphony Orchestra, and the South Carolina musical community in general have been fertile ground to cultivate friendships that now spread far and wide.
Among my musical partners are my wife Sherry (piano), our grown children Maria (piano) and Sam (violin), and my siblings Anna (soprano), Chiara (violin), and Alberto (cello). Music has been in our family for a very long time. Sherry is responsible for bringing me to Greenville after we met as piano students, and I am proud of my association with NGU and with the fantastic musical community of South Carolina.
- Related Links