Tony Beam, DMinDirector, Church & Community Engagement
Unit: Advancement and University Engagement
"It is a joy for me to serve the Lord at North Greenville University by helping to connect our campus to our community."
Teaching & Education
- BA Music Education, Limestone College, Gaffney, SC 1980
- MDiv Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, NC 1990
- DMin The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY, 2002
- Station Manager, WYMB-AM/WTWE-FM, Manning, SC 1980-1984
- Sales Manager, WBBO-FM, Forest City, NC 1984-1986
- Sales Manager, WSPA-FM, Spartanburg, SC 1986-1987
- Associate Pastor, Rock Hill Baptist Church, Inman, SC 1989-1991
- Pastor, Poplar Springs Baptist Church, Moore, SC 1991-1994
- Pastor, Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, Fountain Inn, SC 1994-2004
- Director of the Christian Worldview Center, North Greenville University, Tigerville, SC 2004-2007
- Vice-President for Student Life and Christian Worldview, North Greenville University, Tigerville, SC 2007-2018
- Senior Director for Church and Community Engagement and Public Affairs, North Greenville University, 2018- present
- Director of the Office of Public Policy, SC Baptist Convention, 2020-present
- Co-Host, Christian Worldview with Tony and Austin, His Radio Talk, 2001-present
Since accepting Christ as my Savior in 1984, He has led me through many doors of opportunity to serve Him in many ways. I began my journey at North Greenville University as the Founder and Director of the Christian Worldview Center and as an Assistant Director for Joyful Sound. From there, the Lord opened the door for me to lead as an administrator in the areas of Student Life and Campus Security, as well as overseeing the Housekeeping Staff. I was also privileged to participate in the classroom by teaching Christian Worldview, Old Testament, Cults and New Age, and New Testament.
Since transitioning to Senior Director of Church and Community Engagement and Public Affairs, I have connected the University to many churches and community organizations, and I have been honored to represent South Carolina Baptists at the Statehouse in Columbia as Director of the Office of Public Policy My talk radio show is heard Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 9:00am on HisRadio Talk. God has blessed me with a beautiful wife of 42 years, three children and 8 grandchildren. I count it a blessing from the Lord to serve Him at North Greenville University, where Christ makes the difference and where we are equipping transformational leaders for the Church and Society.